Monday, July 15, 2013

Email & Pics...7-15-2013

The many faces of Halee! 

 Halee and Elder Cleverly, her new district leader.  
They bought clothes at a thrift store to wear to their district meeting.


The Sisters volunteered at Mt. Vernon Heritage Days all day helping the kids in the bounce houses and running games, etc...  I guess the only background she could find to take a picture was in front of the Coors Light signs with her Church of Jesus Christ Of Later Day Saints shirt on. HA HA!  



Halee adding character to her planners!


HELLOOOOOO
Another week down! Wahoo! Its been going really great. Slowly, but surely we are making progress with people. Mitchellann came to church again this week. We didnt set a date with her yet but hopefully soon. We did a lot of member lessons, tracting, and service this week. Its been solid! We are really trying to stress the importance to the members of our need for them. Its really  truly only through them that we can find people to teach efficiently.
On saturdray, there was a big festival in town called Heritage Days. Sister Murphy and I volunteered all day long, running kids games and bounce houses and stuff. It was pretty cool, got to talk to some peopple, so that was good! But saturday, sister murphy and i had quite the bonding experience....... Our toilet flooded our whole bathroom. YIKES..... and it happened to flood right after I went to the bathroom so it wasnt even clean water!! ya.... so gross. haha We had to clean it and mop it all up. IT SUCKED. haha but we still managed to laugh our guts out about the whole situation, so thats good! We plunged all day and couldnt get it to fix, so we had to wait til sunday morning for the Senior Elder in our branch to come fix it. I had to hold my bladder for 14 hours!!!!!!!! It was SO HARD! haha but i made it so its all good.

So thats pretty much the jist of what happened this week. Transfers are on thursday.... Sister Murphy and I are both staying here in Mt. Vernon... BUT we are getting a third sister to add to our companionship!! A TRIO! Itll be fun i hope. haha We dont know who the third sister is yet, but im excited to find out on thursday!

Ive really started to develop a sincere LOVE for The Book of Mormon. I just want to read it all day long. Its so amazing! One of my favorite parts is all of Mormon's littles comments throughout foreshadowing whats going to happen later on. He like " The nephites are prosperous now... but just you wait! Keep reading and you'll find out how they become a wicked and a savage people!" haha its awesome, i love it! I know without a doubt that this book is true. And the cool thing about it is that EVERY story relates to missionary work in there. If I ever have questions on how to go about something I just turn to The Book of Mormon because theres like 800 examples of amazing missionaries in there. The Book of Mormon is like the "Teacher's Edition" of a text book for Preach My Gospel. Its so awesome! Its got all the answers.
The Book of Mormon is true. I didn't have to read the whole thing to know this. It truly testifies of Jesus Christ. It proves that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that He DOES call living prophets to preside over His church here on the earth today.


I love you guys so much. I think about you guys 100 times a day. YOURE AMAZING! I can't thank you enough for all of the support you all have been giving me. I love you!!

Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

SHOUT OUT TIME
Im starting a new thing where i give shout outs to people who wrote me or sent me something from this week!!!

First up, Aubrey Steffan.... I have never met you, BUT i absolutely LOVED your card!!!! Thank you so much for those kind words!!! They mean so much!!
 (She just forgot she knows you Aubrey.  She probably just doesn't remember your name.)

Next, MOM!!!!!! oh my you are seriously the bomb!!!! Thank you so much for the package! It made my life!!!! Seriously, i love you so much!

thats it for this week.... but keep sending me letters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment