Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekly Update 11-24-14

Elder Lewis and Elder Woolley with Sister Barney & Sister Rogers.  
They are all in the same ward and the Elders are zone leaders.

Enjoyed a game of Settler Of Catan on Pday!

Sarah May.  A Rockstar Trombonist!

With Sister Jensen at the Iowa Games.  They got to be score keepers for basketball games.


Hey there!
Woah just realized this is the 2nd to last email you guys will get from me... SO WEIRD! Ahhh I can't even handle it! I have been sorting through all of my stuff this week to decide which things I want to bring home.
This week was a great one! 

Monday was P-day and we got to play settlers of catan all day long! I am practicing for when I come home!!! It was WAY fun!!! Then we had dinner at one of my favorite members house. They are pretty much hilarious and I love them. Their name is the Mays... i'll have to get a picture with them. After the Mays, we went and taught a potential named Maggie who also became a new investigator! It was pretty cool.

Tuesday we did a lot of finding and stuff and met with one of our investigators named Fiona. We had planned to teach the Plan of Salvation but as we were talking to her, Sister Barney felt inspired that we needed to just read The Book of Mormon with her, so we did! And it was exactly what she needed! The spirit was so strong!!! I am really grateful for Sister Barney for being so in tune with the spirit. She is really good at that. She doesn't have a lot of confidence in herself so it always makes me so happy to see when she acts on a prompting and things work out... because she really is such an incredible missionary!

Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Hermanas from Webster City. I got to spend the day with Hermana Smoot! It was so much fun:) We had a little mishap... cause Web City is about an hour away from ames. So Hna Smoot and I were coming to ames and Hna Lourreiro and Sister barney were going to Web city. Except for when Hna Smoot and I got into ames, she realized she had taken her phone with her, which means we had BOTH phones. So we had to drive all the way back to Webster City to give the other sisters the phone. haha It all worked out though. I swear I have a different road trip every week!!! i wonder how many miles I have driven on my mission?! But anyways, exchanges were good! we got a media referral and contacted him and then taught him the  restoration! He is very involved in the Catholic church and is considering going to school to become a catholic priest, but hey.... he was willing to listen and EVERYONE needs to hear this message regardless of current circumstance. We set up a return appointment for next week! We are excited! His name is Taylor. we invited him to be baptized and he said he wouldn't do it now, but if he read the Book of Mormon and felt that it was true and God called upon him to be baptized he would. So we took that as a YES! haha:) You begin to take everything as a yes as a missionary because you want so badly for those all around you to taste of the goodness that comes from entering in to a covenant or promise with God and partaking of the Savior's Atonement. Then we had Cheslea's first new member lesson with her! Watched the The Prophet of the Restoration:)

Thursday! We had interviews with President Jensen... which means I had my exiting interview!!! It was weird.... you know what it consisted of? I'll tell ya haha First he asked about my plan for education... I told him I was starting at BYU in January. he said GREAT you have a plan... now... let's talk about your love life! hahahahahaha oh my.... He proceeded to give me advice on how I can know when i am in love. He encouraged me to get married and have a family. it was quite the experience! haha It was so much fun though! The weird part was just thinking about the fact that I am going to have to start thinking about boys soon!!! Yikes! Don't worry guys, I'm gonna remain focused for these last couple weeks:)

Friday we had another awesome lesson with Fiona!!!! She is progressing really well. Still hasn't committed to baptism though.

Saturday! A great day! Brad came to a watch a baptismal service and he LOVED it! The spirit was way strong and then afterwards we went with him to one of the members house to have dinner! After the dinner we had a lesson with them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ... Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. It was a great lesson. We set his date back to Dec. 20th. 

Yesterday... we had a great day at church and then taught our investigator Lindsay the restoration. her husband is a less active member and so the spirit was way there!

This week has just been incredible! I feel so blessed! Tonight sister pratt is coming down cause tomorrow we have our departing temple trip so i get to be in Nauvoo all day! I am so excited!!!

This is really it guys... man I can't believe it. I know more than i have have in my entire life that we have a Father who lives in heaven and who TRULY LOVES US. It is so evident in his plan. The greatest sign of His love for us is through sending His son Jesus Christ to suffer and atone for us that we may have an opportunity at eternal life. It is a blessing I can't adequately express my gratitude for. I hope you all in your own lives will get to experience this wonderful gift of the Atonement. Many of you have, whether you know it or not! God lives and Jesus Christ is our Savior. I testify of that in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ, with every ounce of my being. Oh what a marvelous knowledge this is to have!!!
I love you all so much and will see you shortly! Be good and choose the right! And for sure.... don't take any wooden nickels!:)
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment