Monday, June 17, 2013

Email 6-17-13

YO!
So this week has been pretty solid. Things are still moving pretty slowly but we are SO close to getting our first investigators in the area. We have a few appointments set up already for this week so Im super pumped!!  It'll be nice to actually have an investigator in mind when we do role plays in the morning! We are working hard everyday to be consecrated missionaries. Cool story real fast.... We were on our way to a lunch appointment and were a little early and we didn't really know what to do to stall for ten minutes. But I received a prompting that we should just stop the car real fast and knock on a few doors since we had some time before lunch. So we stopped right where we were at and walked up to one of the houses. A teenage girl opened the door and we explained who we were and what we were about.. (The Gospel of Jesus Christ). and she said she wanted to learn more! Guess what else she said? Shes the local Methodists Church pastor's daughter! haha it was awesome. And it truly shows that Samuel 16:7 is true! We cant judge peoples appearances and circumstances to decide if they are ready for the gospel, that's not our job! But it is our job to give them the opportunity to partake of His blessed gospel and that's what we are striving to do here in Mt. Vernon.

I'm sorry this isn't super detailed but we don't have lots of time, so I'm gonna get a more detailed letter home this week. But as far as everything else goes, I'm doing pretty awesome. I miss you guys a lot. Especially with yesterday being Fathers' Day. I wanted to call so bad!! But I hope all is well with you guys! I'm trying my best to write letters back to anyone who sends me one as soon as I can! Ali, yours is coming soon I promise! Tell people to write me letters! Letters are WAY better than emails:) I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment