Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weekly Update 2-19-2014


Having Fun on Valentine's Day with the Sisters.

Saw her Ft. Dodge Missionaries, Elder Belliston & Elder Clark at 
Mission Leadership Council in Iowa City!

Saw her first companion, Sister Murphy, at Mission Leadership Council.  
Their funny faces are due to their top buttons being buttoned.

Hello Everyone:)
Sorry for the late email... monday all the libraries were closed for President's day and then yesterday we had Mission Leadership Council all day in Iowa city, so today is the first time I have had a chance to get to a computer!
This week has been great! A lot has happened! But I honestly can't remember what went on!! I'm losing it... seriously. hahah I can't remember which day is which and what happened when and if it happened last week or last transfer. So bear with me here haha
Last Monday we got our transfer doctrine... Sister Alston and I will be staying together in Keokuk for another six weeks! I am so excited!! I love Sister Alston. She's amazing. I have learned so much from her. Last week on Tuesday I sang that song that Sister Alston composed at the lecture in Nauvoo! It turned out really good! Everyone said they enjoyed it:)
Wenesday was P-day and we played 4 hours of volleyball:) I loved every second of it! Man, my body was ridiculously sore but it felt so good!! We go play at this facility owned by members. It's the most wonderful thing ever:)
On Friday, it was Valentine's day! Sister Alston was way sick so she slept and I studied! It was really good acttually because I needed some ME time with the ook of Mormon. I love that book. A little later in the afternoon Rachael and Sister Pena and her daughter came to our appartment and heart attacked it. It was so nice and we felt really loved! It was so thoughtful of them:)
This week Pam had her baptismal interview and she is ready to go for this saturday! I am so excited!
This week has been really great and I have grown much closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for His Atonement. I am grateful that His mercy is available for each of us regardless oof what we have done. I know that repentance bings true joy. When you repent and try harder you are happy. I am very grateful for this opportunity I have to serve. I LOVE this work. I love the people I meet each day. I so badly want everyone to know of these eternal truths that our Father in Heaven has so lovingly provided for us. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has changed me and is helping me to become a better version of myself. I can't imagine where I would be without this opportunity. I love the Lords. So much.
 
Have a wonderful week! And remember that if YOU have questions, turn to the Lord! He is the only one that can answer them Seek to learn by faith:) I love you!
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment