Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly update 2-3-2014


Hey Ya'll
This past week has been pretty good! Sister Alston and I started out our week by heading to Quincy, IL for exchanges! It started out real well, until.... I got sick. I tried really hard to fight it and keep working but eventually I felt like I was going to die. haha Not an exaggeration. I was confined to the couch for a couple days. BUt I was eventually able to overcome it. haha I hate being sick. It's super lame. haha
ANYWAYS, we also had some pretty cool experiences this week that allowed us to be used as instruments in the Lord's hands. There was one lady named Pam, who has a baptismal date for this Saturday. She is about 40 or so but was hit by a car when she was 5 and has definite brain damage. She has members from the Nauvoo ward that are her friends and that have been helping her in all aspects of her life. But, let me tell you... this woman is a special child of our Father in Heaven. The veil is so thin with her. Every time I feel discouraged or just down we go visit Pam, because she just makes everything better. She is so close to God. And he uses her as his instrument ALL THE TIME. she is getting baptized this Saturday and I am so excited.
Everything else is going really well! The snow keeps coming and its been way cold recently but all is well! There is supposed to be a giant storm coming in tonight that could give us up to 24 inches of snow! Its gonna be fun haha
 
I'm sorry this is such a short update this week, but know that I love you and that Christ's Atonement is real. Keep up all of the great work! I Love you!
 
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment