Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Update 9-15-14



Saying good-bye to families & missionaries in Iowa City!

Elder Jackson from Gilbert








Saying good-bye to Norman.


Last District soccer game!





Hey there!
So i want to start off by saying I woke up this morning with the song, "She's got freckles on her but she's pretty" stuck in my head! Grandpa used to sing that... cracks me up. Can't believe that it has been one year today. My thoughts and prayers are out to everyone today. But it is oh so comforting to know that the Lord's will is done and that the Lord always does right.

So other news... transfers have happened! I am now serving in Ames, IA... its on the complete opposite side of the mission! It is also the hometown of Iowa State University. I went from Hawkeye country to Cyclone Country! I am serving in the Ames 2nd ward and my new companion is Sister Carly Holman. She is from Panguitch, UT and she is pretty much a stud. We are super similar! I am really glad to be ending my mission with her. She is a hardworker and LOVES sports! whuddup. She has been out for almost one year. I fell pretty old... haha almost 16 months! Theres going to be about 24 missionaries leaving the mission with me in December... NUTS! Oh! Also, I get to be Sister pratt's Sister Training Leader in Mason City, so i get to see her a lot! I am way excited about that. And guess where else I get to go on exchanges to??? FORT DODGE! I am so excited!!! I'll get to go back there once this transfer. it'll be good.

It was really hard to leave Iowa City... The guy luke I talked about last week, we met with him the night before I left and had a lesson with him in a members home. IT WAS AMAZING AND PERFECT!!!! These members were like a match made in heaven for him. haha I took lots of pictures.
And little jethro michaelson is about 5 years old cried when I had to say goodbye and asked if I would ever come back to visit. it was the most tender thing! I will miss Iowa City for sure.

The first three days here have been pretty swell. We live in an apartment and we set a baptismal date with this girl named Angela on Saturday... October 11th!
Not much else has happened... this transfer is only 5 weeks long so its going to fly by!!!
Hope you all have a great week! The church is true!!!

Love you!
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment