Thursday, May 23, 2013

DAY ONE IS DONE!! 5-22-13 (hand written letter)

FAM BAM!
Day one is Done!  Man it has seriously been so crazy and one definitely one of the longest days I've eery had.  Honestly and I'm not even joking when I say this but I seriously feel like I have been here for at least a week already.  As soon as I was dropped off at the MTC, a "host" sister, Sister Harper, who was learning Japanese and was from England and still had 5 weeks left at the MTC, took me to get all checked in and stuff.  I received my name tag!  Which was actually a lot smaller than I thought it was.  But I feel super official now that I have it.  On our name tag it had a little pink dot to let everyone else know in the MTC that it was our first day.  So I probably got well over 100 "Welcome to the MTC" from other missionaries that have already been there.  After that, Sister Harper took me to my classroom to meet my District, teachers and companion.  Guess who my companion is?  Kelsey Despain or Sister Despain as I should say.  But that's not even the best part...we freakn matched outfits!  haha oh man it was like a bad first day of high school.  But it was so funny.  We took a picture so I'll have to send it.  But all day long people kept telling us cute we were, and asking us if we planned it.  Ya, it was pretty hilarious.  But we seriously get along so well.  She's Awesome!  She went to Gilbert High, so that kinda sucks, but I'll definitely give that tiger some words of wisdom as a Highland Hawk.  But the first day was super crazy!  We met with our district and learned a bunch of stuff about what our purpose is here as a missionary.  After that we went in a room with all the new missionaries and met the MTC presidency.  That was cool and they were all way nice.  I've seen a CRAP LOAD of people I know here.  Mostly from Snow College, but a few from high school.  I ran into Kelsey Foutz, she's going to L.A. and she's so cute!  But anyways, after meeting with the MTC presidency we all made our way into the cafeteria to eat dinner.  Chicken fried steak...yum?  ha ha , well it wasn't my favorite thing but I ate it anyways cause, 1.  I was starving and 2.  It was 4:15 and I wasn't going to be getting another meal for the rest of the night.  So we ate dinner and then went to what they call a "teaching experience".  We go into a room with about 50 other Elders and Sisters and we all had one "investigator" at the front of the room.  Let me tell you though, even though most of these "investigators" were actors...they were DANG GOOD ONES.  I really felt as people began to speak and give thoughts that the "investigator" was acting like a real investigator would aft.  So one time I straight up thought this black girls named Lawanna was gonna fight this sister missionary cause she had offended her.  It was nuts!  But it was such a great learning experience.  I learned that being a missionary isn't about my relationship with an investigator but Christ's relationship with them, and about showing them how to feel Christ's love for them.  So that experience was definitely the highlight of my day.

After that, we went to our zone meeting and met with two other districts that are in our zone.  All 11 Sister missionaries in our zone are going to Des Moines as well!  So that's tight.  Also, the two sisters I knew from Snow and high school, Sister Stapley and Sister Pratt are both in my zone, so I get to see them quite oftern.  All the Elders in our zone are either going to Des Moines or Mesa, AZ.  Woot woot!  I really like my zone leaders, Elder Lott & Elder Duvall.  As well as our Sister Missionary Zone Trainer (basically a girl zone leader) Sister Richardson.  She is way AWESOME!  After our zone meeting we headed back to our residence hall and did some personal studying before bed and then it was time for lights out at 10:30!  I was so exhausted by the end of the day, I had absolutely no trouble falling asleep!

So that wraps up briefly day one here!  It's way exciting Stuff.

I miss you all!  But I'm loving what I am doing here serving the Lord!

The church is true.  The spirit rocks and I love this gospel.

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Sister Rogers Out!

P.S.  Have so much fun in Cali!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment