Monday, August 19, 2013

Email update 8-19-13!



On their way to district meeting!


District Meeting!


Mitchell Anne's Baptism! 8-17-13


 Lunch after baptism!
 Yo Family!
Hey guys, this week has been pretty darn good. Lets start with Monday... It was P-day. holla! We got to go play some trash ball with our zone in cedar rapids and then later that night, I told you guys we had an appointment to meet with a girl who was a member referral. Her name is Kelli, and she is a junior at cornell college. She played basketball her first two years there but isn't playing this year. The lesson went great! Having a member present was so crucial! But she learned a lot and wants to continue to meet! So that's way good! More right now, she finds it just interesting to learn about and doesn't really see this as something she wants to take part in. But hopefully with the help of the spirit, we will change that soon! She's way cool! I'll have to whip out some sports analogies for sure.
I'm really glad you guys got my DVD! hope yall liked it:) I don't really think I am allowed to watch a video if you sent me a dvd.. I'll ask though! haha 

Tuesday was a normal day.... Wednesday we had exchanges with the Sister training Leaders! Sister Alstin and Sister Lloyd... It went well! Sister Lloyd and I got to talk one on one for a while and she's just awesome! She is such a dedicated missionary. We talked a lot about obedience and about how I have had the wonderful opportunity to experience first hand how obedience brings blessings and how EXACT obedience brings miracles. It was a really good talk, I needed it! It helped me appreciate Sister Murphy more, and appreciate what she does. I'm glad she is training me right, on a foundation of obedience.
Thursday was great! We had District Meeting! Sister Oler gave a training and invited all of us to make our own "Mission Statements." To help us realize what we wanted to accomplish here on our missions. It was such a good training.


On Friday all the way in Davenport was the New Trainers Meeting, Sister Murphy and I had to attend. The Davenport Zone Leaders, Elder Flint and Elder Curtis gave an amazing training. They talked a lot about becoming spiritually in shape, and coming up clutch as a missionary. One of the things Elder Curtis said really stuck out to me about how we can do that. He talked about becoming consecrated and refined, and about preparing himself to be a vessel for the spirit. So that he would not get in the way of the Lord's work. it really stuck out to me. So Saturday Morning, I studied the talk "A Consecrated Missionary" by Elder Tad R. Callister. As I studied, and have been pondering the concept of consecration in my mind for the past few days, I felt a change in my hear5t. It was a realization point. I realized that I want to be and do better that what I have been doing. So I did as Sister Oler invited us to do, and I made a "Mission Statement" it says:

My Mission Statement
Today is the day I start my path to becoming a consecrated missionary. Today is the day that I lay everything I possess on the altar of sacrifice. This is the Lord's work, not mine. I will not be a hinderance to that work. I will not let my disobedience or shortcomings affect the eternal welfare of other souls. I will be a blessing to the Lord, not a burden to His work. My soul is His. My will is His. I will be consecrated.

I am planning to put this on my new planner for next transfer so I can read it multiple times everyday. Reading this everyday will help me to remember what my motivation for being here is. I think I'm figuring this whole thing out a little be, or atleast starting to. I'm ready to fight the good fight!

Now, on to Saturday, it was MITCHELANNS BAPTISM!!!!! Ahhh it was so good! Such a spiritual experience. Earlier in the week she was honestly breaking down about her fear of water. We taught her about prayer and the Holy Ghost and she really started to see that heavenly Father could help her get through this. SHE DID IT! She was baptized, and she had such a powerful experience with it. As she came up out of the water, she started just balling her eyes out. (tears of complete joy) She said "I did it!" It was so tender. And then to see her receive the Holy Ghost on Sunday was special too. It was her 49th wedding anniversary! She called later last night and told us how wonderful she felt and how she couldn't explain it but that there was something different about her. And she has felt a change in her heart. It was so amazing!! Can't wait to get her to the temple now!!!


So that's pretty much how my week went. Its been great!:) I love you all so so so so so much!!!


Also.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I LOVE YOU!! HOPE YOUR DAY IS FANTASTIC!!! Remember that stressed is just desserts spelt backwards. So go have yourself a QT doughnut! You deserve it!!! :) haha


Also.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CARLEE ON THE 23rd!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH! HOPE YOUR DAY IS JUST AS AWESOME!


SHOUT OUT-
I forgot to mention Jodie and sam in my shout out. They had sent me a birthday package on my birthday but I didn't get it until a little while ago cause the mission office couldn't forward it. So will you make a shout out to them? I loved it so so so much! The subway card is the best thing ever, we eat there all the time so it was perfect! Also, they know me too well! Sour punch straws, beef jerky, and sun flower seeds!! What more could a girl ask for?! I loved it! Thanks so much!!!

Sister Rogers Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment