Monday, August 5, 2013

Mitchell Anne is scheduled to be baptized August 17th.  


Halee playing in a cornfield.  


Beautiful Iowa Sunset!


We were able to share with Halee this morning that her Grandpa Rogers had suffered some serious medical setbacks over the last few days including several strokes and heart arrest causing him to come close to death once again.  He was removed from the ventilator yesterday afternoon and is breathing on his own again and talking.  He truly is the ENERGIZER BUNNY (but not out of the woods)!  She wrote this sweet letter to her grandma and grandpa:


Hey grams hey gramps!!

Just wanted to say that I love you guys so much. You guys are such amazing examples to me. Grandpa, I share all your crazy sayings and jokes with everyone I talk to. They love em. I really wish I could be there with you guys right now mostly because I love you but partly because I think its funny when grandpa says funny things to the nurses:) Grandma, I hope youre doing okay through all of this. I want you to know that I love you! and that I think and pray for you every single day. I know that whatever happens, happens for a reason, but sometimes that doesn't make things easier to handle. What does make things easier to handle is the knowledge we have of God's plan. As a set apart representative of Jesus Christ, I have had the wonderful opportunity of being able to get a glimpse of what our Father in Heaven felt like as he was explaining this plan to us in the pre-earth life. I feel of that same excitement and love that our Father in Heaven has for His children as I explain to them the plan of salvation. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever been a part of!
I love you guys so much! And I hope that I've been an okay granddaughter to you guys, I've really tried, but I know I could have done better. I miss you guys and trust me as soon as I get back grandma, heather and I will be over at your house dusting your picture frames for ya!! Stay strong, and grandpa keep fighting big guy! Don't take any wooden nickels now!:)
Love you
Halee




Email to everyone else:  8-5-2013

Hey guys today is going to be a pretty short update... but this week was a long one. It seemed to drag on forever haha

Good news first! We had a lot of appointments set up this week and we got to teach a lot of people! We set a date with caleb for august 24th and we also set a date with one of our investigators clint for October 12th~ (Hes gotta get married first) But clint is so solid! We also had 3 investigators at church this week!! HOLLA! It was so awesome!

Rough news from yesterday... Caleb tried to drop us. He says he feels rushed and doesn't feel that its the right time for him to join the church.... YIKES. but we are gonna call him later today and hopefully get it worked out. I don't think he realizes how ready he actually is.

Life with the templetons is still great! They are so kind.
I'm sorry this update is so short and not as exciting as my others but I will do better next time, I promise!! I just want you guys to know that I love you and that being on a mission has changed me so much... for the better. Its for sure such a humbling experience. It is truly the Lord's work and He is not going to let anything get in the way of that. I finished mosiah this week and am officially in alma! Pretty pumped.

Anyways, I love you all!
Sister Rogers

2 comments:

  1. Tears are flowing again! We loved the pictures and letter, made my kids day! Love ya Sister Rogers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the letter to grandma and grandpa Halee. Such a touching letter, I loved the part about the plan of salvation. Love you Halee! :)

    ReplyDelete