Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Email Update 8-27-2013


She got to do a session at the Nauvoo Temple.  She LOVES this temple 
(I have to agree, It's beautiful inside and out).


Nauvoo temple with Sister Murphy (Sis Murphy got called to be a trainer.)



Sister Wiest, Sister Rogers & Sister Murphy after temple.


Having fun in the car making expressions for different scenarios.  
"Just saw a little person riding a horse"

"Just ran a marathon"

"Just got out of the temple"

"My dog just died"  
(That's terrible Halee.  I'm not telling Daisy about this.)

"Ate too much ice cream"

"Just got out of a rock (Motab) concert"

"Have to go to the bathroom"


"Fly up the noses"



Late night fun in their apartment before being transferred.


Brother Templeton joined the fun.  (The Templeton's are the senior couple where these Sister Missionaries have been living.  They loved them so much)



Hey hey there!!
So sorry for not emailing yesterday!! We were gone all day long! We decided to take a trip down to the temple and do a session!!! BEST DAY EVER!!! Man it was so good. We get to go once every six months so we decided to go yesterday. It worked out great cause on Thursday morning during my personal studies I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants Section 127 which discusses instructions for baptisms for the dead but in verse 8 the Lord states, " For I am about to restore many things to the earth, pertaining to the priesthood saith the Lord of Hosts." The insight I received from that verse made me feel so special to be on the Lord's errand, and made me want to go to the temple so bad!! The Lord was basically saying, "Hey I'm about to restore some very important and incredible things here, and I trust you you take care of these things." BOOM! Knowing that the lord trusts me was the most awesome feeling in the entire world. As soon as I read that verse I was like,"Okay! I'm gonna go be awesome and do work because I have the Lord on my side and he trusts me with this great responsibility!" None of that probably made sense at all.... but know that it was the best personal stud I have had on my mission and it made me have a deep rooted hunger to attend the temple. So guess what we did in monday? Went to the temple! SO AMAZING! I wanna go back. Its on my bucket list before I die to spend the whole day in the temple. Cant wait:)

Now on to the real update you have all been waiting for... TRANSFERS! I, Sister Rogers will be sadly leaving Mt. Vernon on thursday morning! I don't know where I am going yet, but I have mixed feelings! I really have grown to love mt vernon and am sad to leave everyone but I'm excited to see a different part of iowa as well. I am not training or anything so I'll just have a regular companion. Sister Lloyd and I have been praying that we will be put together but who knows haha! I find out thursday morning where I am going, so Ill let you know next week. So any mail should be sent to the mission home please:) It's been really sad to say goodbye to everyone these past few days! The branch was awesome and it was hard to leave them. But it was especially hard to say goodbye to Mitchelann. Talk about a heartbreaker. Man, I love that lady so much. She started crying when I was hugging her goodbye:( It was so so so so sad!!!! But i'm gonna still write her letters and stuff, so thatll be good!
As for Sister Murphy, she is getting transferred as well. She was called to be a Sister training Leader and is going to be opening up a  new area! She's gonna kill it!! And Sister Wiest will be holding down the fort here in Mt. Veezy! She is traing so she will have a greenie on her hands!

As for a general update on this week... we have been busy!! We have been teaching a lot and its been so great! Although, our AC in Chastity(our car) broke this week... and let me tell you it is BLOODY HOT!!!!! 95 degrees this week with like 90% humidity or something like that. Its rough. I am completely drenched by the end of the day... but hey maybe ill get skinny! WOOT WOOT! Other than that, things are going very well. Just teaching a lot!

I forgot my camera today, so i will mail home pictures that you can scan online! 

I love you guys! Keep staying awesome! And know that you are the best family and friends ever!

The church is so true its ridiculoussssss, my mind is blown everyday about how amazing this gospel is and about how blessed I am to be able to serve the Lord and preach this unto his children. 

Stay classy:)

Love,
Sister Rogers

Oh P.S. So pumped to hear about how freakn awesome Snow College volleyball is doing!!! BEATING CSI!!!!! HECK FREAKN YES!!!!! Madi Packard is such a stud!!! 27 kills! Thats crazy!!! Keep up the good work kiddo! You da boss!!!


SHOUTOUT LIST!
Emmee Rogers.... Holy cow that was the best care package I have ever received in my life!!!! Seriously it was the absolute best! You are amazing and so thoughtful! Thank you so much for that! i know you put a lot of time into that and it means so much!!! THANKS YOU!!!!

Ali... Your letters are ALWAYS rockin! I love you so much! Plus... you are seriously SO GORGEOUS inall of your pictures! My companions are always commenting on how pretty you are! HOT MONEY!!!

Amy Sorensen!!! Dude, I freakn love your letters so much! Seriously though, I get so excited when i see they are from you!!!! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment