Monday, November 18, 2013

11-18-13 Weekly Update



Elder Steele, my zone leader! He goes home on friday:( man i'm gonna miss him! He was the greatest!!


Me and the Hermanas. Seriously... I love them so much.


All of us missionaries this past sunday... we werent sure if anyone was leaving so we got a just in case picture!

I got all my warm clothes you sent me!!!! Mom & Dad... thank you so much!! I have no idea what I would do without you! I love all of it.. its so cute and nice and warm! Thanks! Love you!


Family!!
So it's another week down!!! Man, things are flying by! We had a pretty good week this week! It was a little slow but it was good. We had a few minor setbacks as well, but we are still pushing forward with faith and diligently working to reach our goal of 550 by the end of the year. In this last final push we are having to put forth all of our efforts and trust in the Lord that He will take care of what we cannot do. 550 was His goal, we know that it can happen! There have already been 431 souls that have been brought into the fold of God in the IDMM. Thats incredible! But we are not done, and the Lord is not done either. We are seeing more and more miracles each and everyday. My faith is building tremendously.
 
We didn't get any new dates set this week but we were able to help souls come closer unto Christ. One of our investigators got thrown back in jail... sad day. but all is well! We were able to go contact an investigator that expressed her desire to be baptized which was awesome!! The Lord is putting people into our path at this crucial time! Sister Batty and I are doing great! We are getting along wonderfully and are loving working hard. We haven't received our transfer calls yet because we get them on monday( which is today, they just havent called yet). Although, we are 99% sure that we will both be staying here in Fort Dodge for Christmas WOOT WOOT!
We are pretty pumped. I just LOVE Fort Dodge so much!
 
There's not much other exciting news, but I just want to share with you all my testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. With all the fervor of my heart and soul, I know that the fullness of the everlasting gospel was restored to the earth by Heavenly Messengers through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Everytime I speak of this event, I am filled with the Spirit of the Lord. That is how I know this is true. I also know by that same power of the Holy Ghost that upon reading the Book of Mormon, one can come to know this same thing that I know...In addition to knowing that Jesus is the Christ and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His church on the earth today. This is true you guys, it really is!!
 
I love you all so much. More than any words can describe. Keep fighting the good fight and keep the faith! You will be blessed for every righteous thing you do! Remember that in this life, "your joy in not full,but in [Christ] your joy is full.."
 
LOVE YA!!
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment