Monday, November 4, 2013

11-4-13 Weekly update!

Carving pumpkins on P Day!  
Elder Steele, Elder Belliston, Sister Batty and Sister Rogers!

Halee found a QT in Des Moines when they were there for a meeting.
She was in heaven!

Making ornaments with Sister Bair (RS Pres) and showing them off as earrings!


Hey Fam!
Man, it feels like last monday was FOREVER ago! I'm glad I can email you all today1 This week wasn't as busy as previous weeks, but we still received a lot of blessings and I've still got a smile on my face so thats good news!
Sister Batty and I had the "New Trainer meeting" this week on tuesday in Des Moines. It was a great meeting! But something even better happened... I FOUND A QUIKTRIP1 Seriously, it was the best day of my life. I made the Elder that was driving us stop by there on the way back to Ft. Dodge. Funny story... I actually made a bet with one of the elders. I won.. poor kid. So he had to buy me a drink from QT. IT ROCKED! pictures to come. 
On Wednesday and Thursday night because of Halloween, we had to be inside by 6 pm. So basically we had 3 hours to study or do whatever. Sister Batty and I got it approved to watch 17 Miracles! Man, I really love that movie. It was incredible. Those people gave up everything for the Lord. And because they sacrificed so much, their faith grew. And because they had such great faith, they saw miracles. It was a testimony to me that the Lord has required complete consecration throughout ALL time. We have to give up our ALL to the Lord. These people did, many prophets of old did, and Jesus Christ was the perfect example of giving His all to the Lord.
As you draw close to certain markers on your mission you inevitably go through a process of self evaluation. You step back for a second and start to question yourself. You ask, "Am I where i am supposed to be at this point in my mission?" "Have I done enough?" I've been going through this process the last few days as I draw closer to my 6th month mark. It was good to see what else I need to improve on and do better to become more consecrated.
On Friday, we had District Meeting. It was WAY good! The spirit was very strong! We ride with the Hermanas to District Meeting every week so thats always fun! Getting to know them and just talking with them is great. I seriously love those two sisters so much! They are such hardworkers. I know that a partial reason of me coming to Ft. Dodge was to meet these incredible sisters.
Saturday was cool. we had a super saturday activity for Relief Society and that was a blast! I made some sweet Christmas tree ornaments out of buttons. It was legit and definitely a pinterest original haha
Yesterday was a pretty rollercoaster day but it ended very well! President Jensen and his wife came to sacrament meeting. One of our investigators was interviewed by him so that went well. We went out and worked all afternoon and then got a text from the Dillons, the members we live with, that said they were having a mini thanksgiving dinner and we were welcom to join them. So we did. And man was it more than a mini thanksgiving dinner. It was a real thanksgiving FEAST! it was so so so good! Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, jello salad, peas, gravy, all the works. IT WAS DELICIOUS. Man, I got so full though! It was the greatest.

The work out here is going well. We only have one investigator on date for baptism,Casey, but are working on getting a few others this week. We really want to help contribute to our mission goal of 550. We are hoping that we will have a date with a 14 year old named Skie this week. Pray for her! I just love this work very much! and I know that its true!

Also real quick, i don't know if I told ya'll this last email but i spoke with President Jensen and we should have ipads by april! WHUDDUP! super pumped!
And I also just want to say thank you so much to my awesome mother and father that sent me those sweet halloween decorated chocolate covered strawberries! They were delicious! And yes.. I did share! haha Also, thanks to the Adams family for sending me those cute pictures, halloween jokes and "BOO Mix" You are the greatest. and it means so much to me to have your guyes support!
I love you all! Fight the good fight:)
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment