Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Update 11-25-13


Snow in Fort Dodge.  Trying to keep warm!

District picture.

Halee & Sister Batty taking to the streets of Fort Dodge!
Love this picture!

Hola My Family,
How is everything going? Swell I hope. Things are going great here! Sister Batty and I are together for another 6 weeks here in Fort Dodge! Things are going great and the Lord continues to bless us. We currently have 4 baptismal dates. Skie for this coming Saturday... Casey for next thursday, kyrah for December 14th, and Debbie for January 18th. These investigators are doing amazing! We have a lot to do to prepare for Casey's baptism as well as Skie's baptism, but we know that Heavenly Father is goinng to help us help them become prepared. They are both way excited and really understand the importance of the covenant made at baptism. Casey is beyond excited! She seriously can't wait. And she is getting baptized on her birthday.. what better birthday gift could you ask for?? So J, one of our investigators that got thrown back in jail called his mom the other day (while in jail), and we happened to be over at her house visiting her. He must have heard me speaking in the background because he was like, "Is Sister Rigers there? Let me talk to her!" So I got to talk to him on the phone.. I asked him how reading the Book of Mormon was going because I had sent him one earlier that week, and you know what he said??? He said, "Man, I'm ready for a baptism when I get out of here!!" haha It was the greatest thing ever. He has changed SO much. It was such a great conversation. haha
 
Thanksgiving this week! The ward is having a turkey bowl and I was super pumped to play until I found out that missionaries can't play:( SAD DAY! but a member invited us over for Thanksgiving so we are pretty pumped! Everything is just going very well. I'm so grateful to Father in Heaven for blessing us so much. It has snowed a few times and its been in single digits... it's been biting cold but things are working out good, I am staying warm!
Last week on wednesday, the district went bowling! That was way fun and I must say that those bowling classes I took in college came in handy! I kicked some trash haha
 
Nothing super crazy has happened, but things are just going so well! Sister Batty and I are still getting along great and are working hard. We are really focused on 550 right now. I love this work and I love this Gospel.
I love you guys so much and can't wait to see your beautiful faces a month from today!!!! LOVE YOU!!
 
Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment