Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekly update 1-27-2014


Sunrise view from Halee's apartment.  Stunning!



With Sister Alston from apartment.


Nauvoo Temple!

 They got to go through the temple because they couldn't go proselyting due to the cold!

Sister Pena took them to the temple.

More temple.

HEY EVERYONE!
I don't have a lot to update on, but I just want to say this. I AM SO HAPPY! I am so happy that I have such an AMAZING companion as Sister Alston. She's incredible. I love her a lot. I am happy because the scriptures are so powerful and true and I am happy because I get to see everyday my brothers and sisters take steps to come into the fold of God. It's the most rewarding thing and in this my joy is full.
This week Sister Alston and I had exchanges with the Hamilton Sisters. I stayed in Keokuk and Sister Alston went to Hamilton. It was great! The next day our cars were grounded all day and we weren't allowed to go out and proselyte or do anything really because it was so COLD!!! For reals though, I was freezing my little toosh off!! Then for the rest of the week we had to come in early because of the severity of the cold weather. Yesterday, Sister Alston looked like death so I made her stay home and sleep. Theres been a bug going around in our branch and the two elders already suffered from it. So I guess I am next?? Yikes. I'll just pray to be immune! Anyways... She was way way way sick, so I made her some chicken noodle soup without the noodles because she is intolerant to gluten, and a smoothie. I read my scriptures all day. That was a blast! I got pretty bored, but now Sister Alston is doing wonderfully!
OH! I almost forgot! Since we weren't allowed to go or do anything on Thursday, Sister Alston and I got it approved for us to go to the temple! So we did! And man, was it needed! I hadn't been in 6 months, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! Pics to come:) We also had interviews with President Jensen this week. That went well! Sister Alston and I got the Reflections of Christ CD approved for us so now we get something other than MoTab which has been nice. Freddie Ashby... he's the man! 
Also, amidst all the confinement to our home we found, or I should the Lord put 5 new investigators into our path this week! It's been really great!

Anyways... i love you guys so so so much and think about you every single day! 

Riley... question for you? Have you started your papers?? Let me know and keep me updated! Because President Jensen told me I can call home when he opens his call! Isn't that awesome??? YAY!

LOVE YOU!
Sister Halee Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment