Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekly Update 6-9-14


Working with Zone Leaders from Iowa City and Fairfield.

Mission Leadership Council theme- Bright Colors!


Hey There!
This week was a busy but great week! On Tuesday we had Mission Leadership Council and received some really great trainings from President and sister Jensen as well as the assistants to the president. We then got to take these trainings to the rest of our missionaries in the zone training meetings. Thankfully President an Sister Jensen attended the Iowa city and Fairfield Zone Training Meetings so they gave their trainings and sister andersen and I didn't have to give one! haha We just got to soak it all up three times:) And we also got to spend a lot of time with president and Sister Jensen because we were with them so much this week. It was a great learning opportunity! On Friday Sister Jensen came out proselyting with Sister Andersen and I. It was way fun and we got to learn a lot from Sister Jensen! She's amazing. I wish i could've just spent all my time asking her life and marriage advice! haha We also had exchanges in Muscatine this week. So we obviously didn't get that much time in our own area but it all worked out. We had Stake Conference this week. Awh, SO GOOD! Elder Payen of the Seventy was there and I definintely just learned a lot. It was amazing to see how the things that were discussed in Stake Conference correlated exactly with my studies this week.

I learned a little more about Charity this week and what it means when it says it is the pure love of Christ. In order to have Charity we must understand what it is. Charity is not just love or even deep love for someone. It is the type of love that leads us to ACT in behalf of their eternal welfare and salvation REGARDLESS the cost. That is the kind of love that Christ had for all of us. He did not care that many people hated Him or cast Him out, He did not hesitate to invite others to come to Him, and He did not look on the outward appearance, but He looked on the heart. He was willing to pay anything to save us. And He ended up paying everything for us all. His Atonement did not exclude anyone. He did not share only to a select few... He shared with EVERYONE even if they were comfortable in their own religion or even if their friendship was at risk. He acted regardless the cost because He knew that in the end, in the eternal perspective, it would save us. And it made me think about how I can develop charity, how I can develop this kind of love. I think about how many times I am out here trying to share the Gospel but how many times I don't open my mouth because I fear man more than I fear God. I shy away when people tell me they go to a church already or that they are comfortable where they are at. I shouldn't shy away! I should love these people enough to share with them the truth! All of the truth! And I know that I don't have perfect Charity but it is definitely something i seek to develop and I hope everyone can seek to develop. True Charity for our fellow men will NEVER lead us to shy away from sharing the truth. It will ALWAYS lead us to act in regards for someone's eternal welfare no matter the cost.
None of us are perfect... but we can pray for this kind of love. In fact, we are commanded to do so!

Oh how I long to be like my Savior! I have got a long ways to go, but I am very grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me to grow and learn. I feel very humbled and grateful to be a part of such a marvelous work. To be surrounded by such amazing people. I am teaching a young girl that just graduated high school and she just thrives on the Book of Mormon. It is amazing to see how she marks her scriptures and just applies the words to her life! What a special opportunity I have to witness her conversion. She is getting baptized on July 12th and I cannot wait! 

Sister Andersen and I have been praying to find families that are prepared to receive the restored gospel. We are continually searching for all of those who are prepared and ready. I love this work. And I am really just enjoying Iowa City a lot right now! The summer is here and the gnats are out but all is well when in the service of the Lord!

I love you all! Jope you have a great week!:)
Sister Rogers
Move to:    

No comments:

Post a Comment