Friday, June 27, 2014

Weekly Update 6-23-14

Got caught in a recent crazy Iowa Storm.

Fun at a ward party.


Hey there fam!
So crazy stuff... transfers were this week! So i got a call telling me I was emergency transferred and I am now serving in Des moines!
Just kidding... I'm still here in Iowa City! It's such a wonderful place and full of prepared souls:) Sister Andersen and I are still companions and I am so happy about that. She just continues to impress me every single day. She is a spiritual giant! And I have 6 weeks left to learn all of her wisdom before she goes home and gets married and stuff! SO wish me luck! haha
This week was really great... we were blessed to find 4 new investigators. One of them was a referral from a member! They had us over for dinner and then we taught a lesson. It was so powerful and the spirit was strong. I felt like I was in movie! haha But we are setting something up to meet with them again this week. Her name is Renata and she has 2 daughters. I'm stoked!
Other good news... Joyann moved her baptism up a week! She is getting baptized on July 5th on her 18th birthday! Her parents are supportive of her being baptized so this is a huge step that I know Heavenly Father will bless her for. It is the ONLY way through the gate.
There were like 3 ward parties this week which was awesome because 1) we got a lot of interaction with them and hopefully further gain their trust and 2) Free food:) It's been wonderful!

Yesterday, Sunday, was a very special day. First, a lady who hasn't been to church in years just showed up. She told us that she quit her job just so she could start coming to church again. She was sick of missing it. I was amazed by her faith! I know I couldn't be strong enough to do that. It was a huge sacrifice made by her. Second, we went and visited another member and her roommate. Her roommate isn't a member but has been taught by missionaries several times. AFter talking with her we found out that she wants to be baptized but hasn't because it would cause contention within her family especially with her Father who is a Lutheran minister. We plan to continue to go help her overcome this concern so that she can be baptized, And lastly, there was an incredible experience we had with one of the elder's investigators. I won't go into detail because it was such a special experience, but in summation, this lady has been taught for a while but hasn't been committing to baptism, after our visit with her, and completely by the spirit of revelation this lady decided she must be baptized. She hasn't told the elders yet... so we have to keep it a secret until they meet with her on wednesday. But it was truly remarkable and one of the most powerful experiences I have had on my mission.

I just feel continually blessed and so undeserving. I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord. I am so grateful to labor alongside with you all to prepare the way for the Savior of the World to come again. It is better than anything I could imagine!


Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment