Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weekly Update 8-19-14

This is Mitchelann.  Halee's first investigator that was baptized.  Today she went through the Nauvoo Temple for the first time and was sealed to her deceased husband on what would have been their 50th wedding anniversary.  Very special day!

Sister Gerber and Sister Offen from Mt. Vernon.

The whole group with Mitchelann.

With Sister Egbert.


Hey Family and Friends..
This week was quite fabulous. I won't share everything but I will share the highlights. Mostly just yesterday... haha
I got to go to the temple because Mitchelann my first baptism and also my first investigator on my mission was endowed in the temple and was also sealed to her deceased husband for all- time and eternity. It was such a special day and I am so glad I got to be there. What made it even extra special was that yesterday was her and her husband's 50th wedding anniversary. The ceremony was so beautiful. I cried for the first time in a while. The spirit was so strong and consuming and if that experience didn't make me trunky, I don't know what will! haha It made me want to get married!!! yikes. haha nah, I am still 100% focused for the work but it did get me real excited for when that opportunity does come that I can be married in the temple. It was SO GOOD to see Mitchelann. She is doing so amazing and I felt like Alma in Alma 17:2-3 when he is reunited with the sons of Mosiah and he sees that they are still strong in the gospel and it brings joy and gratitude to his heart. It was such a special day and I am just so so grateful for that experience. The sealer was so full of the spirit and bore such powerful testimony.

So that was one of the highlights of my week. Other highlight is.... I GOT INTO BYU! Looks like I going to be a cougar. I am so excited. I feel so blessed by the Lord.

The work here is continuing to go great. We found 4 new investigators last week and two of them came to church! We will be setting lots of baptismal dates this week.

Love you all!
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment