Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekly Update 8-25-14

With Sister Egbert holding bunnies.

With Joyann- 2 recent converts.


So this week was pretty sweet. I hit my 15 month mark... not so sweet. haha That means I only have 3 months left on my mission.. WHAT?! Maybe i'll just extend a little longer:) Just kidding. ANYWAYS lets not dwell on the fact that this is ending soon any longer because it is really bittersweet. This week we had two sets of exchanges. Wednesday I went on exchanges with Sister Stoffers..(like the lasagna) she is a missionary for the YSA branch. It was great. We went and had dinner with a couple of members in the married student ward and they are just awesome! We had some really good conversations about following the spirit and it was so sweet! Later in the week we went on exchanges with the muscatine sisters. I went with Sister Robinson. She is about 3 weeks out and is such a stud!! Seriously, I was so impressed at how compposed and mature of a missionary she is at 3 weeks. It was a cool experience and I learned a lot from her. Cool experience that happened with her... I am not sure if I have ever talked about stephane before but I will give you a little background on him. Sister Andersen and I found him last transfer and he was progressing SO MUCH! This guy is just an honest truth seeker and awh he's just so cool. Anyways, after sister andersen left, sister egbert and I had one lesson with him and then the next lesson he cancelled and said "He needed time to think and pray." So basically he dropped us. But there was something inside of me that did not want to let this guy go. So I called him several times and he never answered. I continued this for 2 weeks, everyday calling him. I know it sounds creeper but I had faith that it was for a reason. That brings us to exchanges with sister robinson. We had about 20 minutes left before it was time to go in and we felt like we should go try by his apartment. We pull up, say a prayer and outside is stephane's roommate who lets us in to the locked apartment complex. We knock on stephane's door and he opens up. I think he was a little shocked to see us. haha We talked for a while and then finally he said, "You don't give up do you?" haha I smirked and told him why we didn't give up. He accepted the invitation to come to church again. And yesterday, he showed up! We are teaching him on tuesday. The principle of persistent follow-up! It works when following the spirit.

Everything else has been going really well! I love Iowa City.. the ward is seriously so great and missionary minded. They are always willing to help out. Three more weeks until transfers, so I might get transferred again before I go home but I am not sure what will happen. We will see.

I have a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He is the only way salvation is gained. I love Him with all my heart.

And I love you!!! Have a great week!
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment