Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello From Fort Dodge Iowa! 9-3-2013

Investigator Clint and family in Mt. Vernon before being transferred.


Halee's new companion Sister King.


Sister King and Sister Rogers.

New family they are teaching in Fort Dodge.

Halee loves Libby.

They like to gangsta pose!
Hey there yall!
SO... I guess the news yall have been waiting to hear is where am i?? Welp... I am now currently on the complete opposite of the mission from where I was in a town called Fort Dodge... It's pretty cool here, just trying to get used to it. I really miss Mt. Vernon, but I know that i am here for a reason! This town is little sketchy but that just means theres more work to be done! I can't baptize anyone in the celestial kingdom...I gotta hang out in outer darkness for a while if i wanna do that!!! haha But anyways, I'm starting to like this area a lot. My new companion's name is Sister King. She is 22 years old and is from Arkansas and also south Jordan, Utah. She's been out almost 8 months. She was Sister Murphy's MTC companion! She's pretty cool! We are pretty much COMPLETE OPPOSITES, but thats alright cause we are making it work and we have the Holy Ghost helping us! So its pretty darn sweet. We have a lot of investigators over here, but just to tell you about my favorites so far... haha.  We are teaching a family of 4. Their name is the Marnachs and they are seriously the BEST PEOPLE EVER!!!! They have a 9 year old daughter named Libby, and she is just a character, i love her! She reminds me of Emmee so much in the way she acts!!! She calls me her homey slice and we take gangster pictures together! haha We stopped by their house around 8:30 last night and Libby comes running out yelling "Are we gonna have a lesson?? i wanna have a lesson!!!" It was the best thing ever. Then her and her brother Mikey run into the house and come out with lawn chairs so that we can sit down and have a lesson. Their Mom, Belinda, had been trying to get them to bed so we had to make our lesson quick because Libby told her Momo that she wasn't waking up in the morning unless she let them have a lesson with us! IT WAS AWESOME! They are seriously the cutest. So then, while I was sharing a scripture.. Libby cuts me off and says, "You know what? I'm actually really glad that the world isn't perfect. I've always thought that." It was so sweet! She wants to get baptized so bad! I can't wait! Their whole family has a baptismal date for September 21st! So I'm super duper stoked! The other investigator that we have been teaching is a guy named Patrick. He is from Nigeria! He's way cool and totally wants to get baptized!

This area definitely has a lot of potential! And I am so excited to be a part of it! My new district is way awesome too! We have three sets of missionaries in our ward! Two spanish Hermanas, and our zone leaders. Elder Tall and Elder Steele... Ali, I believe you know Elder Tall's sister Chelsea?? I dont know... but they are way cool as well! The members are not very missionary minded at all here, but that will soon change!  Sister King and I live with the Bishop which is way sweet! Cause they are loaded and so we live in their basement! And its also good cause we dont live in the ghetto sketchy part of Fort Dodge.

Anyways... So pretty much this week has been going really great! I'm starting to adjust to the new area and things are looking up!

The Book of Mormon is SO AMAZING!!!!! Any spare time I have I long to read from it.

I love you all! You are the best! Stay classy!
Love, Sister Rogers


No shoutout list this week

No comments:

Post a Comment