Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mission update!

Brother Clark bought her a $20 rib eye!  Made her day!!!

With Sister King and Sister Hendrix from their ward.


Iowa Barn!


She's obsessed with cornfields- ha!

District meeting!

Fun in the car!

Loving the Iowa landscape!

More cornfields- ha!

Fall in Iowa!


Funny red thumb!

Hello again!!
First I must start off this email by making a shoutout... to my wonderful sister Sadi Pope... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I hope its the greatest day ever! I love you so much! Also... happy anniversary to both sets of grandparents! I love ya!

Okay... SO.. this week has been great! And I bet you are all wondering about the transfer calls we received this morning... My transfer doctrine is that I will be staying in the Ft. Dodge West area and I will be training a new missionary! I'm kinda nervous but pretty stoked as well. I will get my new companion on thursday so its going to be exciting! Hopefully she's cool... haha but if not I will still love her cause thats what Jesus would do!!

Now that the exciting news is out of the way... This week has been great! GENERAL CONFERENCE ROCKED MY WORLD! Seriously though... I was going to share what my favorite talk was in this email but then as I went back through all my notes I couldn't decide on a favorite... so I thought I'd tell you my favorite from each session... but that didn't work either cause they were just all so flippin good and inspired!!!! For real though.. when President Monson stated that this was one of the most inspiring sessions of conference that he had ever attended I agreed completely! M Russel Ballards talk about missionary work was incredible. SEEK TO FIND THE ONE!!! Another talk that I am definitely going to have to go back and read and study again was Ulisses Soares talk about Meekness. So inspiring. Boyd k. Packer on Scripture power...man so powerful! GAHHHHH they were just all so good! I could go on forever and tell you what I thought about each talk but I'm not going to. I just want you all to know that I know that we are Prophet led. That the leaders of this church are divinely called and truly inspired of God when they speak to us. Their words are scripture!

Along with conference... our week was pretty eventful! Yesterday.... we found out that one of our investigators stabbed someone at a high school dance and is now in jail... haha I'm not even joking. We were like what the??? So He's probably not going to be getting baptized very soon. Crazy thing is, is that we literally saw him right before the dance and he was showing us his cool new pocket knife he got..... YIKES! We had no idea he was going to use that new pocket knife to stab someone in the back. CRAZY! The guy he stabbed had to get life flighted to Des Moines but is doing okay now. And as I stated earlier, our investigator is now in jail and will most likely be tried as an adult because he turns 18 in a week. Lesson to learn here is DON'T BE STUPID.. or you'll end up in jail!
Another good story from this week, and quite frankly a much happier story from this week was when Libby called us on the phone Monday night. She called and was talking to us for a little while and then asked, "Sister Rogers and Sister King... Did you get a message from God last night?" I asked her, "what about?" She said, "Last night I prayed to God and asked Him if He would let you guys know that I loved you... Did He tell you?" I smiled really big and told her that yes we had received the message. She got so excited! It was seriously the cutest thing ever! haha That girl is so precious!
Last little bit of news for the week... I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!! woo hoo!!!!! My goal was to finish it before the end of the transfer and I did! So i'm pretty pumped about that. Gosh dang, that book is so true and so freakn good!!! Words can't express how amazing that book is! Also.. Its been getting pretty chilly here! I whipped out my boots a few days ago... I am so not looking forward to the FEET of snow that lie ahead! YIKES!!

Welp... I love you all very much! Keep the faith and always REMEMBER HIM! Trust in the Good Shepherd:)

LOVE YOU!
Sister Halee Rogers

SHOUTOUT LIST

Dad...... I love your letters so much! And thank you for the gift! It was awesome!

Ali.... I had one of the other sisters in my district read your letter you wrote to me cause it was so good. and this is what she said about it.."This reminds me of everyone I freakn love so much!" haha so youre letter was awesome!

Carlee... Thank you so much for the package!!! That notebook is adorable and I absolutely LOVED all the pictures you sent!! Can't wait to hear more about blakers!! Also... I think Ranger would be an AWESOME middle name... keep the BRB initials going!

Mama Jane Ward.... THe pictures of the wedding and your note and postcard were so great! Thank you so much!

Momma... Thank you for sending all of my winter clothes! YOU ARE THE BEST!!! I LOVE YA!


No comments:

Post a Comment