Tuesday, October 1, 2013

9-30-2013 email

All the missionaries in their ward!

With Elder Steele and Elder Tall- zone leaders!

Wearing her Grandpa Rogers International Harvester T-shirt!  
Thanks Grandma Rogers!


Hello again everyone!
This week has been really great! We taught a lot this week and I was able to really focus back on the work. I learned a lot this week too. First of all, i just love the Book of Mormon. It is SO good!! I am in Mormon right now, and I have a goal to finish all of it by the end of this transfer... which is next week on the 10th! I'm pretty pumped. This week we got a couple new investigators, brandon and quincy! They are brothers. Brandon is 15 and quincy is 8! We also were able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators Casey for december 23rd! She is really progressing quickly but still needs to make a lot of changes. But I know that Heavenly Father will help her to be ready by the 23rd of December! She's been reading and praying a lot which is way good! She also attended a baptism with us on Saturday and came to the Relief Society General Broadcast that night as well and then came to church in the morning! It was awesome! Speaking of the Relief Society General Broadcast... MAN THAT WAS SO GOOD! I just want to go to the temple so bad after watching that! I also learned that i really want to be a mom that teaches her children the importance of convenants and how essential it is that we keep them. That story that Sister reeves told about the boy who blessed the sacrament with such reverance and then she called to thank him when his mother answered and said that she was grateful cause they had been stressing the importance of it... I loved that story. I want to be a mom like that!! Also this week, There were some struggles that my companion was having that we needed to try and work through...she said something that really meant a lot to me. she said, "Your kids are really lucky, because they are going to have a great mom." Immediately I thanked her but my thoughts automatically shifted to my mom. I owe all the credit to her. She taught me how to be kind and how to truly love people and taught me what it means to be selfless. So mom, I want you to know that the compliment I received this week was in credit of you. You are the best mom ever and its your example that I try to follow.

On another note, I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!! Seriously, I can't wait! I'm super jealous that you guys get to attend... LUCKIES!
Man, I just want you all to know that this church is true. Thomas S. Monson was divinely called by God to be our prophet today. Any commandment we are given is for a reason. Even if we don't understand what that reason is. Sometimes God gives us commandments simply to show our faith. I know that He would NEVER lead us astray. He is God... He does not make mistakes! He loves us so much! And I love you guys so much too!!:)

STAY AWESOME! YOU DA BESTEST!

Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

P.S. Transfers are next week and we dont find out til next monday so... any letters or packages should probably go through the mission office at this point:)


SHOUT OUT LIST
Mother dearest... I don't even know what to say... youre seriously the best! It was so good to see all those pictures and to get grandpas shirt. I love you very much!

Emmee... Youre letter rocked! Its crazy to read all of your exciting 7th grade adventures! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment