Monday, October 14, 2013

Training already! 10-14-13


Elder Tall, zone leader, was obsessed with Halee's "Good Will" vest so
 she gave it to him as a going away present before he got transferred.  
(don't think she was too sad to give that vest away- ha)

Weekly P-Day game of Settler's of Catan with the Elders at the Relief Society President's house.


Last game of Settler's before Sister King and Elder Tall both got transferred.


Good bye to Sister King- transfer day.

Good bye to Elder Tall- transfer day.



Hello to Sister Batty.  Halee was just made a trainer and is excited to work/train Sister Batty.


Yellow!
This week has been pretty darn awesome! As you know, transfers were on Wednesday and I got to drive 3 hours all the way to Iowa City to pick her up. It required waking up at 3:30 am to do it... but I was pretty excited. My new companion's name is Sister Batty. She is from Wayne County, Utah (central) and she is 19 years old! Thank goodness, I was really scared I was going to get someone really older than me and it would be super weird, haha. But SIster Batty is way awesome. She is a very hard worker. She doesn't like to talk much but that will soon change once she realizes that part of her training is leading the discussions in the lessons and inviting people to be baptized. So she should be broken in here pretty quick:) haha She likes to run... so we went running one morning... I DIED. Holy crap, I am so out of shape. Its like I can't be physically and spiritually in shape at the same time I swear.. Cause before my mission I was physically in shape but not so much spiritually in shape... and now I'm on my mission and I'm spiritually in shape but not so much physically in shape. LAME! I need to work on that. I'll start simple and maybe eat a banana or something today. Then next week I might do a burpee. Who knows... I don't want to get to crazy here! haha

Mostly this week we've had a lot of meetings but have had some good teaching opportunities as well. We have two investigators with baptismal dates... Casey for December 5th and Brandon for November 16th... we are pushing very hard to make our mission goal of 550 baptisms by the end of the year! We have been fasting and praying full force for this goal and I know that with the Lord's help we can accomplish it! It's all about obedience and humility at this point. We also got a new investigator this week... her name is Debbie! She is one of our investigators' mom! She's way sweet and really looking for a change in her life. We had a wicked sweet lesson with her the other night about the restoration and invited her to be baptized and she readily accepted! Hopefully by this week we will have a date set for her. We are supposed to be giving her a church tour on Tuesday so I'm pumped!!!

Every P-day we go over with the Elders to the Relief Society President's home and play a round of SETTLERS OF CATAN! Man... its so fun!!! It's like everything I've hoped for and I just get really excited throughout the week! haha It reminds me of playing with Riley and sadi and morgan! haha

Anyways... things are going really great! I have a goal to read the Book of Mormon in a month. I started yesterday and I'm like 20 pages in.. so I think I can do it! I just want you all to know that from the bottom of my heart I know that this is the only true church on the earth. And as crazy as this world is getting, the gospel is the only thing that can save it from it's own self destruction. Families ARE forever and Jesus Christ is really the Only Begotten Son of the Father. He Lives.

I love you all so very much! And you guys just keep me motivated! I love ya!

Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up, Halee! Enjoy your banan, and maybe your burpee too ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete