Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekly update 12-2-13


Alrighty Fam!
Hey yall! How was everyones thanksgivings??? I hope it was great!! Mine was... I had 3! Needless to say my appetite is WAY higher then it needs to be!!! haha so I have to repent and make sure I am keeping the Word of Wisdom and not eating too much this week. But man, the food was all SO DANG GOOD! haha
This week was pretty slow since a lot of people were out of town. We were supposed to have a baptism last Saturday(2 days ago) but there were some issues we had to work out, so hopefully Skie will still get baptized before the end of the year. We are are going to do all we can to HELP her get there. She is really prepared just has trouble being completely obedient. With the help of the spirit though, we will be able to discern her needs and re set her date this week. This week on Thursday we have a baptism!!!! Casey is getting baptized and man is she ready! She is so excited! She passed her interview on Wednesday and even went out and bought a skirt for the occassion! She is so excited and very ready. You can just see the joy radiating from her! She has also had a huge desire to share the gospel. She has done so with her mom, and now her mom is a newe investigator! It is way cool to see how much of an example Casey is becoming to everyone around her.
So this week, I got to wear jeans more than I have my entire mission! We did a lot of service! It was sweet and way nice to do some manual labor for a little while. We worked with a lot of lessactives and members this week. For the upcoming zone conference each district has to do a skit or musical number so our district is doing a musical number. Myself and the two zone leaders are working out a sweet arrangment to silent night on the guitar. Its going to be awesome! And it gives me the chance to play! I LOVE IT! haha
Everything is going so great. Sister Batty and I have grown a lot closer this past week, its been great and she is really opening up now. It's been way good.
Welp family, sorry this is so short... but I love you and I know that the gospel is true!!! It really is!
Also... the book is blue!
LOVE YOU!
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment