Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekly update 12-23-2013


Hey There!
So my subject to this email "Big Week" has a couple meanings. This last week has been a pretty big one and also, this coming week will be a big one! Lets start with this week...
It was great!! We taught a lot and just had some pretty cool experiences. Most of which happened on Saturday. So.. Sister Batty and I teach every Saturday morning at the Fort Dodge Correctional Facility AKA DA PRISON. We teach five prisoners, members and nonmembers, all males though. It's pretty tight to be honest. We always have someone there with us though, so don't worry mom. ALso, I only had to go through the metal detector twice my first time visiting.. so that was a plus! Anyways.. this week we taught them the restoration and it was solid! The guys are way cool! So on our way back home from the prison we drove by an apartment complex that one of our potential investigators lives at. We were planning to go see her later that day but Sister Batty and I just decided that since we were in the area we would just stop then. We went and no one was home. But as we were walking back to the car I stoppped because I heard a baby crying. I look over and in a parked car in a car seat there was a baby just screaming. Let me remind you that it was about 10 degrees outside. This child was frigid. So we looked around and didnt see anyone near so we went and knocked on the apartment a few times that the car the kid was in was parked in front of. After knocking for a few minutes no one answered.... So we werent just going to leave a baby crying in a car in the freezing cold! So, I called the cops. First time dialing 9-1-1... of course it happens in Fort Dodge. haha The cop came and started looking in the car and the all of the sudden a lady comes out of the apartment we had JUST knocked on a few minutes ago. She comes out and asks what is going on.. we told her we heard the baby crying and she acted quite surprised to see her child in the car. She hurried and grabbed the carseat out of the car and then thanked us. The baby looked like he had been in there for a while. Poor guy... he honestly could have died. The cop talked to us for a few seconds and then went to talk to the lady that left her child in the car. We left the scene just thanking God that He led us to that place at that time. If we wouldn't have been there that baby could have froze to death. We were both just very thankful that we were worthy of the Gift of The Holy Ghost that led us to the right place at the right time. It was a very humbling experience.
 
Later that night, Sister Batty and I went to visit a less active lady. She's way cool. She has tats all up her arms, is a dang good singer, and has a sweet motorcycle. haha Anyways, before we left her house she gave us a present for Christmas... guess what it was? PEPPER SPRAY! It was sweet! It even has a cute little case and everything! I'll show you when we skype:)
 
Everything else went really great this week. We are working hard and staying warm. Yesterdayin cchurch, Hermana eggett, sang "Come Thou Fount" Accapella... dang that girl has pipes. It was seriously one of the most incredible things Ive heard. That sister just continues to amaze me. She is incredible and I definitely look up to her.
 
This next coming week is the BIG because... 1) I GET TO SEE YOU ALL ON WEDNESDAY! 2) because its the last week in December, which means... the last week to reach 550! God works miracles, I know it can happen!!
 
I am so excited to talk to you all on wednesday. I love you very much. I know more than ever that Jesus Christ is my Savior. His Atonement is central to the gospel. Without Him, we cannot accomplish anything worth value. I know this because of experience and because the spirit of the Lord which consumes me. I love you all and I promise you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, that this work is true and His love is unfailing.
 
Merry Christmas to everyone!Hope the Spirit of Christ dwells within all of us this special season!
Love, Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment