Thursday, January 2, 2014

Weekly Email 12-30-13!

Christmas Eve at the Bishop's.
Christmas Eve 
Reenacting the Nativity!
Great Cast!
Music with Sister Rogers & Elder Belliston!

Christmas Morning at the Rhoten's!
Her little buddy Jackson Rhoten!
Tim Tam Slams
Showing the Hermana's what Tim Tam Slams are!!


The Jensen Family.  She will miss them!




Good bye pics with everyone!  Hermana Eggett!


Elder Belliston- Zone Leader!






With Sister Batty- her companion!

With Natalie Dillon- the family they live with!

With Sister Quiroz!
She will miss Sister Batty!

With Elder Clark- Zone Leader!

She will miss Jackson Rhoten!
Wedding they attended!

Last District Meeting!

Hola Family!
I hope everyones Christmas was great. I know mine was! I'll tell you all about it. Christmas morning we went over to the Rhotens home. They are a couple in our ward... and they have the two cutest little kids. Anyways, we went over there at about 8 am in our nice PJS:) and they had stockings for both sister batty and I. They had a bunch of presents labeled "A" and "B". So I was sister A and Sister Batty was sister B. We got some sweet gifts from them! It was such a blast! We also took our gifts from you guys over to their house so we could open them. It was way nice. We then had breakfast, played a little bit with the kiddos and then headed back home to get ready for the day. We got home got looking pretty nice and then it was time for me to call you guys!!! Man, I was so excited to see all of your faces! I miss you a lot and appreciate all that you are doing! Seriously, that was the best present to see you. The hour went by way too quick but atleast we got to see each other for  a while!! I LOVE YOU! After skype.. Sister Batty and I and the Hermanas in Webster City went to one of our less actives homes.. the one that gave us the pepper spray! haha we went and ate a little bit and just talked and had a great time. Before we left there we sang them a fewChristmas songs.. it was fun. After that, we went back to the Dillons house(our house) and just hung out with everyone! We played catchphrase for a while which is SO DANG FUN! haha we were all rolling laughing cause it got pretty funny. Then we ate some yummy food with their whole family! After dinner we continued to play more catchphrase and then sister batty and I went to another members home for a little while and had a nice lesson. It was a pretty laxed day... but man, was it a good one! I  am so grateful that it turned out to be such a great day.
Thursday and Friday we just had weekly planning and district meeting and then saturday we went and taught at the prison as usual. Then we went to a baptism... the Elders had an investigator be baptized! It was so great! They found this lady 3 weeks ago and she stopped smoking cold turkey and was baptized this past saturday! MIRACLES! Anyways.. it was awesome. Then we went on like a three hour exchange with the Sister training Leaders and the headed out to Stanhope for a wedding of one of the Hermanas investigators. It was a blast. I wish I could've danced though... that was kind of a bummer. But then we got back that night and the next morning got up for church! Sister Batty and I as well as the webster city hermanas all spoke in church. I did a litrtle calling to repentance but in a loving manner and the spirit definitely worked it all out!! I took lots of pics with people yuesterday because it could've been my last sunday there cause I wasn't sure if I was leaving for transfers this week or not.
So... that brings us to this morning!! At about 8am I got a call from President Jensen informing me, that I have been called to serve as a new Sister Training Leader and that i will be leaving Fort dodge. Sister Batty will be staying here and getting a new companion. I'm a little nervous because I don't know that I'm ready to lead and be in charge of other sisters yet... but I guess if the Lord thinks so, I can do it with His help! I'm anxious to find out where I am going and who my new companion will be! We find out thursday. Which reminds me... all mail for me should be sent to the Mission Office and not my Fort dodge address or else I won't receive it!!
Welp... Thats about it. I love you all so much. And I am grateful to have such a wonderful family. Keep working hard to share the gospel... our salvation depends on it. I love you!
Love,
Sister Halee

No comments:

Post a Comment