Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly Update 1-20-14!

Grant Brodegard saying "peace out" to Halee (where she first lived in Keokuk).  The Brodegard's are moving so the Sisters had to find a new apartment.

Exchanges!

View of the Nauvoo Temple, across the river, from the deck of their new apartment.

With Andrew Pena.

With The Payne's, a family in their ward.

Hey there family!

So... I'm not even sure what i want to say today. This week has been really long. haha I could've sworn that I have been here in Keokuk WAY longer than 2 weeks. This week, Sister Alston and I went on two exchanges! One in Hannibul, MO and one in Macomb, IL. Yes... i have been in three states this week! They both went really well! Sister Alston had a lot of fun driving and talking and eating and just being crazy. haha But it has been kinda rough because we have only been in our area for about 2 and a half days this week. To be honest i am so drained physically, emotionally, and spiritually. haha But I am so happy to be here, truly I am. I love the power of prayer and of scripture study. There is so much power in the scriptures, i just love every minute of it. I wish I could read and study all day everyday. I spoke in church yesterday! That was cool. We didn't have any time to prepare or anything at all so i just took my scriptures up to the pulpit and prayed that the spirit would guide me on what to say. He did. And He guided me as I bore testimony and taught about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. IT IS THE GOOD NEWS! The good news that we don't have to be perfect. The good news that the Atonement isn't for perfect people but for imperfect people like you and I. I love that Christ is so willing to share His righteousness and and His sinlessness with us. That's something to be excited about and obtain hope from.
So last night something pretty interesting happened.... Its something I never have experienced on my mission before, but Sister Alston and I were cursed by some lady last night. We knocked on her door... she came out and said very boldly pointing her finger at us," I know who you are and I know why you're here. You don't believe in the same Jesus that is described in the bible, and anyone that believes what you believe should be cursed. So I curse Moroni and I curse Joseph Smith and I curse The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I especially curse you in the name of the true Lord Jesus Christ." She finished her statements and then walked back in house and told us to never come back ever again. So..... Sister Alston and I walked away from that lady's home, chuckled a little and then kept working. Forgive and forget. I truly felt bad for this woman, but I hope that father in heaven can forgive her. She clearly "knows not what [she] do". I am just so grateful to know that this church is true and that we have the Gospel on earth today because of our loving Heavenly Father.

Sister Alston and I got a new pad this week. ITS SWEET! You go our to our front balcony and you know what we get to look at everyday? THE TEMPLE! That's right... God is our neighbor. We look right across the mississippi and there's the temple, right there in our face. It's wonderful. I just wish I could go whenever I wanted. The inside of our apartment is pretty dang sweet too! Fully furnished and has lots of space. It's nice.

Anyways... I just want you all to know that this Gospel is true. I will never deny it. I love it and I love God.

Stay awesome and God's speed!
Love,
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment