Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly Update 1-13-14


She found Gold Canyon In Keokuk!

Mission Leadership Council in Iowa City.  All the Sister Training Leaders & Sister Jensen!






With Sister Murphy & Sister Pratt.

With Sister Pratt!

Dinner after MLC.

Enjoying seeing Sister Murphy again, Halee's first Companion in Mt. Vernon.


Hey there Fam!
Man... My first week in keokuk is down! And I absolutely love it! This week was pretty busy though.. we were really only in Keokuk for about 3 days this week. haha On tuesday, we drove to Iowa City and had Mission Leadership Council, which is a meeting with President Jensen and his wife, the assistants, and all the zone leaders and sister training leaders. It was an all day meeting... 9am-5pm.. but man, it was so great!! We were able to set our new goal for the mission. After a lot of inspiration, praying and discussion, our new goal for the mission is a little different. Each missionary's goal they are working towards is whatever the unit's they are serving in goal is. Its a little different, but it was truly inspired. It is so that we can work closely with those that hold the keys for missionary work in each area (bishops and stake presidents). It's helping us to come together as one as the Lord and the prophets have asked us to. We will be hitting the yoke at the same time! I am pumped. We talked about a lot of other things at the meeting as well. It was really great. I got to see Sister Murphy and Sister Pratt and some other missionaries I hadnt seen in a while, so it was really great!! On Wednesday and Thursday we were in Kirksville, MO for exchanges and Sister Alston and I gave a training for the Quincy Zone Training Meeting. My first exchange as a leader! It was wonderful! On Friday we were in Burlington to give another training at the Nauvoo Zone Training Meeting. Then we had friday night and saturday to come back and work in our area. We didn't get to see a lot of people but we did what we could. We are working with a lot of families! The Lord is blessing us a lot. We actually had a pretty cool experience on Saturday... Sister Alston and I were out looking at apartments because we are moving this week. The members we live with are moving to Georgia... so send mail to the mission address please until I get a more permanent address. ANYWAYS, we were checking out this one apartment... IT WAS A TOTAL DUMP. Heavenly Father definitely did not send us there to find an apartment, but He did send us there to find Cynthia. She was the lady showing us the apartment. We turned it into a teaching opportunity and talked about church and the restoration. She was SO interested. Talking about how she wants to come to church because she doesn't like her church she is at now and wants us to come teach her and her 3 daughters who are all above the age of accountability. IT WAS GREAT! man, I seriously love the spirit and I love Heavenly Father. He is helping us SO MUCH! 
Church was cancelled last week so I finally got to go this week and meet all the members! Everything is going great here. We are pretty darn busy this week with exchanges and things, but I'm super pumped. I just love being a missionary. And I really just love my companion a lot. Sister Alston is the perfect companion for me at this time. She has helped me so much already. I know Heavenly Father loves us. We are all His children and He wants us all to recognize that we are a part of one eternal family. I love you guys so much. I thank you for all your support. Keep living right!
Love sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment