Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weekly Update 5-12-14



The Iowa City 4th Ward missionaries... me, Sister Andersen, Elder Richens, and Elder Marte from Puerto Rico!

Sister Muprhy and Miranda sings.

The sisters that have served in Keokuk... Sister Alston, Sister Anderson, Sister Pratt, Sister, and me.

Hey yall!
Man, it was SO good to see you all yesterday. Awh it felt like I was at home... i absolutely loved it! Only 7 more months and I will be there! But until then, I am LOVING the work here in Iowa City. Transfers were this week as you know, and I got a new companion, Sister Andersen. She is from Pleasant Grove, UT and is seriously just a stud missionary and person! We get along great! She's a soccer player so we both have athletic backgrounds, which is a major plus! I have already learned SO much from her and she is seriously just lightin Iowa City up! I can't wait to see what comes of this transfer. She only has three months left so I will most likely be her last companion. I am super pumped that Heavenly Father put us together! We go running every morning... the other day we went to this lake across the street from our house and it has a running path around the lake. Someone told us it was a mile around... lies... it was 3 miles... but we ran it! haha I am super out of shape so my calves are a little sore but all is well because I can say that I ran 3 miles on my mission! haha
This week has been going super well! Teaching and finding lots of new people! We got two new investigators this week and they are both just awesome! Baptismal dates coming soon! haha
I am not sure what else to update ya on... but just know that I love my mission so dang much! I love the Lord!

And I love you!

Love,
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment