Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weekly Update 4-28-14

 Heavy Winds & Rain in Iowa this week!  Capturing the beautiful sky and scenery with Sister Murphy!










This is the result of playing in the wind!  Hahahaha!







So... l just want to start off this email by saying that Life is truly amazing and the power of Atonement of Jesus Christ is limitless. It has NO boundaries. No person it won't have claim on, no distance it won't extend to, and no situation it won't apply. I LOVE the Atonement. This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster. I won't go into super detail but I will say that after struggling a little bit (a lotta bit), Jesus brings joy:) Awh He's so great!

So on tuesday and wednesday, Sister Murphy and I had exchanges in Muscatine and in Iowa City with the sisters serving in the YSA branch! It went great! In muscatine the weather was wonderful! between the 60's and 70's... and then tuesday came and its been rainy ever since! Just a consistent rain all day long. but I love the rain, so it was great! And Sister Murphy jumped in a lot of puddles so that was fun too! haha Last night it stopped raining, but got crazy windy!! We were under tornado warnings... but of course Sister Murphy and I were outside taking pictures and making videos in the wind. It was nuts! I was literally getting blown away. haha It took me about 5 minutes to pry my car door open because the wind was blowing so hard! But man it was so fun... I'll send a picture of what my hair looked like after it.

This week lots of cool things happened! One of our investigators named Mark came to a baptism! It was sweet! He has no religious background at all but absolutely loved coming to witness a baptism. He's a pretty cool guy. Then there's one of our investigators named Laqusia... She is 13 years old and usually when we meet with her we have to BEG her to pray and it usually takes like 15 minutes to get her to pray. But this past week we had a lesson in the chapel and we asked her sister to give the closing prayer, but Laqusia surprised us all by asking if she could pray!! And man, it was such a good prayer!
Also this week, there was a Stake Relief Society activity... Sister Hachtman (the person we live with who also happens to be the stake music coordinator because she is RIDICULOUSLY good at singing and other things) asked if I'd be interested in being part of a musical number for the activity. I sure agreed! So Sister Hachtman and I and a sister missionary in the YSA branch sang an arrangment of Because I have been given much and SIster Murphy accompanied us. It turned out so great! I didn't get a video though... sorry mom! But then later that night was the ward talent show and I played and sang a song I wrote! It wasn't as good, but thats okay! haha

well... I just want you all to know that this is the only church on the earth that has the fullness of the gospel. And gosh dang it, life is so great because of it! 

I love you! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! WAHOO!
Love,
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment