Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weekly Update 5-19-14

Elizabeth Hachtman's baptism.  The sisters live with her family.


On Exchanges doing the "hip hop dog".  Silly sisters!

Crazy Girl!

On Exchanges being goofy!


Mission Leadership Council!

Halee, (to the right) Sister Pratt, Sister Anderson & Sister Alston!


Floral Themed MLC!


Well hey there family!
Life is really great here in Iowa City. Sister Andersen and I have had a pretty busy week!
Tuesday, we had Mission Leadership council in which we received some really really great trainings from President and Sister Jensen and the Assistants to the President. So Sister Andersen and I had the opportunity to take the training given by Sister Jensen and give it to the other missionaries in Zone training Meetings this week. The training was on personal conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and making sure that our missions are changing us as individuals forever. It was really neat because she went through the life of the Apostle Peter and his conversion. It just motivated me to be better and to do better. It confirmed to me again that my mission is WAY more than just baptizing people. It is not a temporary thing for me, but its an eternal change that I have made. I gained a new sense of my purpose and why I am here. And the result from this testimony is that it is easier to see everyone around me as Christ sees them. It's really easy sometimes out here to have a "business look" on missionary work, with all the trainings and meeting we receive and all the numbers we keep track of. It's easy to lose sight of our purpose. But what has helped me the most this week is remembering and internalizing the Doctrine of Christ. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. These goals or numbers that we set aren't just numbers anymore, but they are souls coming unto our Savior Jesus Christ. This work is truly incredible and the most rewarding work on earth.

Sister Andersen and I also got a call this week from the Assistants asking us if we will give a training at zone conference this next week. We are pretty excited and we have been studying a lot for it. Line upon line, Father in Heaven has been revealing to us what is needed to be trained on. The pattern of revelation is amazing!

We had exchanges this week as well in Washington, IA with the hermanas! That went really great! We were out of our area a lot this week which was a bummer but we were still blessed to be led to someone who was prepared to receive the restored gospel. His name is Fazon and he came to church yesterday! He's an awesome guy that really just wants to turn his life around! I am just feeling a lot of blessings here. I love this work so much. I love the person I am becoming because of what Jesus Christ has done for me.

I hope you all have had an awesome week! I know that there are opportunities everyday where the Lord can use you as instruments in His hands! I love you so much!!

AND a quick shoutout to my sister Ali... congrats on the engagement!! SO dang happy for you! You look so happy:) I can't wait to see more pics! Love you!

And also, my brother Riley.. congrats on seminary graduation, high school graduation, getting your papers submitted, and getting your patriarchal blessing! What an eventful week for you! I love you and I know Heavenly Father is pleased with ya bud!


Have a wonderful week! The church is true!
Love,
Sister Halee Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment