Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekly Update 6-30-14

Halee sent these pics with no description!  We'll let them speak for themselves.



Hey There!
SO this week has been a great one as usual! Just being blessed a lot by the Lord. Big news is, we have a baptism this week on Saturday! Along with the Elders in our ward. SO we have 2 baptisms on Saturday! We are really excited! The people getting baptized are Joyann and Aide. They are both so solid and have such strong testimonies! Joyann is incredible. She is 17 but will be 18 on Saturday! She has gone through a lot to get to this point and her faith is growing because of it. Her parents wouldn't let her be baptized earlier since she was a minor so now she is getting baptized on Saturday and she will be 18! She is so amazing! And then theres Aide... she is a spanish lady. So sweet! She called Sister Andersen and I this morning and asked if we would sing "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" at her baptism. haha so we are doing that:)

I have been studying the spirit and the mission of the Holy Ghost a lot this week. It has made me ponder the spiritual gifts that I have been blessed with that I need to cultivate more. So I am excited to pray and seek to find these gifts!

I am still just loving Iowa City! It's a good thing too cause I will probably be here a while! haha It's been pretty stormy this week! Lots of rain!!! Which I love! It reminds me of monsoon season in AZ! haha I really just love being a missionary. Its the best thing in the world! The scriptures are awesome as well. And I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and infinite. Even though I may not understand fully how the Atonement was performed I have still felt of its enabling power.

Thank you all for all your letters and emails and other things. I can feel your love and it means more than you know!

Love you and have a great week!!
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment