Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekly Update 7-14-14




HAVING SOME FUN!

CUTE SISTER MISSIONARIES!


GOT KICKED PLAYING SOCCER!

Hey There!
So this week has been a really great one! A lot of good things happening. I heard you guys got some pretty heavy rain and storms down there. SO DID WE! haha I thought Arizona Monsoons were crazy.. but they are nothing compared to the thunder storms here. haha I literally thought the world was ending. haha There were so many just outrageously loud claps of thunder and lightning in the middle of the night! It was scary! I couldn't sleep... not because it was scary or too loud, but because if it was really the end of the world, i didn't want to sleep through it! haha But then I remembered there are probably a few more prophecies that need to be fulfilled before that happens:)
This week on monday and tuesday we had exchanges in Ottumwa with Hermana Eggett and Hermana Howell. It was so fun!  We had a zone p-day in fairfield and played a bunch of games. I got kicked in the leg pretty hard and now my ankle is bruising at random places, but all is well! It was a 2 hour drive to ottumwa so Sister Andersen and I got a lot of time to talk in the car which means we got to know each other even better than we do. It was great and I am still just continually impressed with Sister Andersen. She's just incredible and I look up to her a lot.
Wednesday and Thursday were really good days... we did a lot of teaching. BIG NEWS! Our investigator Norman... he's this old guy that smokes and drinks a ton and has been taught for over 7 months now... has been completely living the word of wisdom for 4 days!!!!! He is preparing to be baptized on July 26th before Sister Andersen goes home. It has been so incredible to see how much The Atonement of Jesus Christ has affected his life. He is a changed man! And when he is baptized with water and the spirit he will be a new creature in Jesus Christ! I can't wait. We are praying a lot for him that he will hold out faithful.
Friday and Saturday and Sunday we had "mini missionaries" with us. They are youth ages 16-18 from the Iowa City Stake that get assigned to an area and they go out with the missionaries and live all the rules for the weekend and in effect serve a "mini mission." It's pretty cool. A lot of good things happened and I even learned a lot. There were the occasional times where I felt like a babysitter... but overall its a really great program. It made me realize too being around a bunch of 17 year olds how grateful i am for my mission. It has made me grow up for sure. I mean, I am not all the way there yet, but it has helped:) haha

Anyways, I want you all to know that I have a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ and it is this: He lives! And He loves us. He is a perfect respecter of agency and is our advocate with the Father. His Atonement is infinite and the blessings that can come from it are imponderable but can only be received through obedience to the laws and ordinances established in HIS gospel. He is the way and the light and the truth. I know with all my heart and by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ and he manifests Himself unto ALL people, nations, kindreds, and tongues. The Book of Mormon and Bible are convincing evidence of this. I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that Christ's church was restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith just as it was in times of old with other prophets. I bear solemn testimony, in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, that I know that we have a prophet today, that through him, Christ leads this church. Christ is at the Helm and no one else. How grateful I am to my Father in Heaven for the divine gift of His only begotten son.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you! Keep choosing the right! 
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment