Thursday, October 16, 2014

Weekly Update 10-13-14

At Red Lobster!

Last District Meeting of Transfer!

On exchanges with Sister Hernandez.


Well hello there family and friends... yes, you read that correctly... my last transfer of my mission begins this week on thursday... uhhh what?! Yeah okay that's all we are going to talk about it anymore. We just got transfer calls this morning from President Jensen. Sister Holman is getting transferred and I will be getting a new companion. This was pretty shocking cause Sister Holman has only been here for 2 transfers and so we assumed we were just going to stay together. But I guess that is not the case!

This week was a pretty good one but a bit of a struggle as well. We really have not been teaching a lot at all. I mean we had a total of 8 lessons taught this week... 8.... I have never had that low on my mission! ha So I am determined to do better and work smarter. We have been doing a lot  a lot of tracting and have been finding lots of great potentials but every time we go to meet with them again they cancel or we can't get a hold of them. This just testifies to me of the importance of the spirit in this work. We need it everyday and we must learn to recognize his promptings. I don't think I have been doing that very much this past week. I've just been going about doing missionary things and talking to people without trying to follow the spirit. It isn't that I have been wasting time or just piling out but i haven't been using the spirit to guide and direct me. So let me tell you folks... when you try and rely upon your own strength and wisdom without acknowledging the spirit and praying fervently, you will only teach 8 lessons figuratively speaking. So that is my message to ya'll today... follow the spirit and live worthily of His constant companionship and use Him as your guide!

Yesterday i sang in Sacrament Meeting. I sang, "I Feel My Savior's Love." I got an arrangement online and asked one of the young women to accompany me in it. Her name is Sarah and she is 14. Her dad is our ward mission leader and so we are at their house a lot and she's pretty darn cool. But when I had asked her to do it for me she didn't really want to cause she said she would mess up and that there were way better people at the piano that I could ask. The accompaniment was pretty hard and she tried playing it the first time and struggled pretty bad and so she was just going to quit but her mom would not let her. And this totally just reminded me of myself. There were so many times where people would ask me to play and sing the guitar but i didn't have any confidence so I would try and turn things down, but mom would never let me! She always encouraged me to play and grow and she was always believing in me that I could do it. Anyways, the same was with Sarah. She practiced for about a week and yesterday in church when she played it she just nailed it! It was so awesome:) She is such a stud. I am sure she will thank her mom later for pushing her and believing in her. Moms are the best.

Our investigators are doing pretty well.... sort of... the ones we can get a hold of. haha Biliu is still doing good, he is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy but is really wanting a lot of external evidences to prove to him that these things are true. He even asked for DNA evidence to prove that Lehi was a prophet.... haha needless to say we are going to teach about receiving truth from the spirit. Chelsea is still doing good as well! Still on date for November 15th. I think this weekend I am going to Iowa City for the baptism of Lori Fees. I taught her while I was in Iowa City and now she is getting baptized so i am hoping I can make it.

Hope you all have such a great week! LOVE YOU!
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment