Friday, October 31, 2014

Weekly Update 10-27-14

Celebrating Halee's 17 month mark!

Got beat in racquetball by 88 year old Gaylord!



Funny presidents totem pole.

IT SNOWED:  Just kidding... it didnt snow:) Its been beautiful this week:) I probably just cursed myself for a brutal month of November.. but come what may! haha


So this week was just really humbling and full of blessings. Everyday I am blessed with the ability to recognize more what the Lord has done for me in my life and how much of a part He plays. His hands are magnificent! For example, yesterday He led 4 souls that were prepared to receive the restored gospel to us. Two of them were from Sudan Africa. They are such nice men. Their names are Deng and Ngor! And they have quite a story... it is remarkable to hear. God blessed me with the ability to see them as my brothers. It gave so much more meaning and power to my teaching and desire to share with them the gospel when I felt such a love for them. We shared Joseph Smith's First Vision with them and invited them to pray and read from the Book of Mormon and also invited them to follow the Savior's example and be baptized. they both readily agreed. It was amazing to see how, although rough around the edges, with humble and pure hearts the hearkened unto the voice of the Lord. 

I just feel really blessed right now as I am writing this email. Being a missionary is such an amazing thing. My heart is truly swollen with joy. Nothing grand or extravagant to accredit it to, just the tender mercies of the Lord and the Spirit of God that dwells with me.

Another cool experience that happened was our investigator Chelsea officially decided to be baptized on November 15th! Her Dad has been apprehensive about it and has kept postponing her baptism. But this Friday we fasted with her and she asked if she should be baptized without her dad's permission. After fasting she has decided to be baptized on the 15th. I can't imagine how hard of a decision that mustve been for her to make. But it was such a special experience.

Also... on another note... I got beat by an 88 year old in racquetball this week. My pride is hurt. haha

I hope you all have had such a great week! I love you!
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment