Thursday, October 9, 2014

Weekly Update 9-29-14

With Sister Rhoten!

Fun with a beautiful Iowa Sunset!


Mission Office!




Hey There!
We are back again on a beautiful monday morning:) The weeks are going faster than I have ever imagined. Before I know it my mission will be over... I DON"T LIKE IT. haha It's definitely bittersweet experience. I am really trying to continue working hard these last couple of months. My thoughts this week have been directed towards the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If there is one thing I want to accomplish from my mission it is to understand the mission of the Savior better and in a more personal way. I do feel that it has grown and has made such a powerful influence upon my life and I have seen it do so through others. I was reading a scripture yesterday that has really been consuming my mind lately... it is found in Mosiah 23:10-11. It says,

 10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
11 Nevertheless, in this I do not glory, for I am unworthy to glory of myself.
As grateful as I am to be used everyday as an instrument in the Lord's hands, what brings true joy and happiness hasn't been the things that I have done, but seeing the power and influence of the Lord in others lives. I really cannot adequately express how grateful i am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have come to learn that it is through our struggles and mistakes and weaknesses that we come to know our Savior as our Savior and Redeemer and not just some really great man. I know that it is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that salvation comes. If we are obedient and live the gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through the prophet Joseph Smith and if we follow the counsel of the living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, as well as his counselors and apostles, we will have eternal life. It is through our consistent daily efforts that the blessings of the Atonement come into our lives. Salvation is not an event, it is a process. This gospel is a gospel all about progression. the Atonement makes room for progression. This life is the time given to us to learn and to grow!!! Oh how wonderful!!! Wow, I really am just so grateful and have felt that I need to share my gratitude and testimony with you. This really means so much to me. The spirit has testified in my heart and mind that these things are true and that the Atonement is real.

On that note, i will update you about my week. It was a pretty standard week.. no astounding miracles but just good wholesome missionary work. So... at the beginning of this week we had 10 investigators... guess how many we have now? 4. We got dropped like hot cakes hard core. haha But all is well, we are determined and have faith that the Lord is preparing more souls to come unto Christ. Needless to say we will be doing a lot of finding and tracting this week. Someone has to do it right? I am glad that it is my privilege. On the bright side, we still have one person on date for November 15th and will be resetting a date this week.
On Friday this past week we got to go to one of the members house to do some service. They live on a farm and we were cutting down trees and hauling them off to various burn piles. It was hot, but oh so great! It felt so good to just get down and do some manual labor and get out of my skirt for a few hours. I was sweaty and probably smelt bad but it was awesome. AND I got to ride in a tractor. I would've taken pictures but my battery was dead... so next time! 
We also went on a couple exchanges this week so that was fun! I got to go back to Fort Dodge for a day!!! I saw the Rhotens, who i spent Christmas with down there, and I saw the Marnachs who was a family I taught down there. It was way cool. I also saw Sister Hendrix a member there. She's like my favorite. It was so good to see her!

Sister Holman and I are really getting along great! Sister Holman is awesome, I love her a lot. Heavenly father blessed me with such a great companion to finish my mission off with.

I hope you all have a great week! LOVE YOU!
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment