Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekly Update 10-20-14

New and last Companion Sister Barney!

Sister Holman- saying goodbye!

Sister Kimzey!


Hey Everyone!
So this week was great! It went a lot better than last week! haha The Lord blessed us and led us to many people who have been prepared to hear the restored gospel. We found 4 new investigators this week and it was all done in the strength of the Lord. i have a testimony of how important it is to rely upon the Lord because He can make much more out of your life and all the things you do than you can. It's really easy to forget that sometimes but I am grateful to have the Holy Ghost who can open our hearts and turn us back to God. We also were blessed to set a baptismal date with our investigator Lindsay last night for December 20th! She is doing really well and has committed to come to church next sunday!

I guess the news you are waiting to hear is who my new companion is. Her name is Sister Barney. She is from Lindon, Utah and has been out for 14 months. I was her Sister Training Leader while I was in Iowa City for 3 transfers. She is way cool and I have worked a lot with her before so i am pumped to have her as a companion. She is a way good singer so she is going to have to teach me some of her mad skills. We have been getting a long great so far! Heavenly Father really blessed me to be with such an awesome companion my last transfer.

Not a whole lot has happened besides that... except for... one of my investigators named Luke that i taught in Iowa City... the one we met at jimmy johns... he is moving to ames today!!!!! I am so excited so hopefully I will get to continue teaching him!!!

I can see the Lord's hand in every aspect of my life and I am so grateful for the spiritual eyes He has given me to be abkle to witness these things. I love you all! Have a great week:)

Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment