Monday, September 23, 2013

4 Months Down! 9-23-13

Halee & Sister Pratt are in the same zone.  They knew each other pre-missions.

Halee & Wynetta

Hermana Quiroz and Hermana Eggett.  The spanish sister in her ward.


Hey family,
It's been three weeks here in Ft. Dodge and things have been going pretty well. I am as of yesterday... 4 months out. Crazy... sometimes it feels long and sometimes it flies by. This week has been one of those times that have felt long. I'm not going to lie, I struggled this week but everyone has been pretty supportive. It was very hard for me to focus on the work. All I could think about was how you all were doing. I wanted to be there so bad. I got a priesthood blessing and the Lord helped me get by this week and helped me to stay focused on the work. He blessed us tremendously. It was also very nice to see the pictures from the viewing and the service. I was there in spirit. Such a great sight to see all the grandsons carrying the casket. I love that. Such a tender sight to see.
 We were fortunate enough to have 3 church tours this week! If you don't know what a church tour is, ask the missionaries to take you on one! They are the coolest. And they are not just for investigators. Members should experience them as well! My favorite church tour to give is the plan of Salvation. It's way cool. We gave one to an investigator named Justin, a less-active member named roberta, and another investigator named Belinda (Libbys mom). They all went great and the spirit was so strong. Still no set baptismal dates, but its coming. The mission has challenged every companionship to get a baptism each transfer, so we are really trying to focus on who can be baptized this transfer. Nothing yet, but we have faith in MIRACLES.
I'm getting really excited to watch general conference! Honestly, I've never been so excited for general conference before, but I'm ready to receive some revelation!!

I don't have a lot of crazy stories this week so I apologize for such a short letter, but know that I love you all and you are in my prayers every single day! I want you know that Miracles do happen, you just have to have faith. Mormon 9:18-20.... God is unchanging and miracles will never cease if we just have FAITH! I know this is true without a doubt. I love you guys more than words can express. Stay awesome and thanks for your continual support, it means more than you know. LOVE YOU!

Sister Halee Rogers

SHOUTOUT LIST

Ali..... Dude... your letter freakn rocked! Seriously, I can't explain how happy it made me!!

Amy Sorensen.... Your letter was as precious to me as the sorcerers stone was to Harry.

Annie Smoot... Holy Cow dude, I have never laughed so hard while reading a letter! I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment