Friday, April 4, 2014

Weekly Update 3-31-14


Saying goodbye to Pam, recently baptized.


Susan Easton Black Durrant & husband.  Halee met them in Nauvoo and was honored to sing a song that Sister Durrant had.  It was a long lost poem by WW Phelps and Sister Durrant asked Halee's companion, Sister Alston, to compose the music and asked Halee to sing it.

Saying goodbye to the Brumbles.

Saying goodbye to the Nauvoo Temple President and his wife.

She will miss Andrew.








Last temple visit with Sister Alston.

Saying goodbye to Leylani Trane.  Her volleyball buddy!


Sister Alston & Rachael.

3 Generation Picture.  Sister Murphy (right) was Halee's trainer & 1st companion.  Halee was Sister Batty's trainer when she first came out.  Halee & Sister Murphy are companions again in Iowa City.  What are the chances?  They are so excited.


Hey there fam!
SO... I am sure you are all wondering where I am at... or maybe not, but either way, I'm gonna tell ya! I am now currently serving in Iowa City! COLLEGE TOWN! awhh man its awesome:) I love cities! haha WHat's even better is that my new companion happens to be.... drum roll please..... SISTER MURPHY! AKA my trainer! haha We are reunited and it feels so good! haha It's so great! We live with a member family and they are just the greatest. I am loving Iowa city so far. And what's even better is that the weather is finally getting nice outside! Goodbye to winter gear! I have basically just done a lot a lot of planning this week. Planning goals for the transfer, getting to know the sisters I am over, and planning for exchanges. It's been pretty good! Tomorrow we have MLC, which will great too! I will get to see SIster ALston!:) Miss her already... :(
We are teaching a lot of awesome people here and the members are great! We have one investigator, a 17 year old girl who is getting baptized on the 18th of this month! SHe's so solid!
We watched the General Womens' Meeting on saturday. That was so awesome! I love covenants! LET US BE COVENANT KEEPERS!!!!
Anyways, I am just really excited to be here at this time with who I am with. The Lord has a plan and it is perfect! I LOVE being a missionary! I am working on opening my mouth more to others. Should be good:)
I love you guys! :)
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment