Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekly Update 4-7-14

Glasses Theme @ Mission Leadership Council!

The entire group!

Sister Marsh going back to temple square!

Sisters Murph"dawg" & Rogers, haha!


Well hello there everyone!
One week down in Iowa City! It already feels like I have been here a month! The people are so great! I absolutely love it! Heavenly Father just poured blessings down as well! Tuesday we had Mission Leadership Council all where we got trained on dispelling our fears by Sister Jensen, Asking Inspired Questions by the Assistants to the President and Charity and Virtue by President Jensen! It was really incredible! I learned a lot and I am so excited to train the other missionaries on these things next week in Zone Training Meeting! MLC is held here in Iowa City so it was really nice not having to wake up early and drive two hours! It only took about 8 minutes to drive to the Stake Center! BONUS! Then on Wednesday we went and worked our tails off. It was awesome! Thursday came around and we had interviews with President Jensen! That went great, I am being super obedient, so no worries:) haha And then this weekend was Genereal Conference. WHAT A BLESSING! I can't choose my favorite talk... they were all so powerful! But I will say this... that first session on Saturday was AMAZING!! It was seriously an all-star lineup! Jeffrey R. Holland just started it off so strong and then with Ronald A. Rasband... he's one of my favorites! And Sister Reeves talk was just amazing! I would say though that definitely one of my favorite talks this conference was by Elder Neil L. Andersen. I couldn't help but just feel the spirit so strongly and feel the sense of urgency in his voice. These men, like prophets of old are preparing us for the coming of Jesus Christ. The winds will get stronger before they get easier. They are preparing us and it was awesome to just feel of the spirit testifying to me that this really is the final time in which the Lord will send forth servants to tend for His vineyard and what a great privilege it is to be a part of it! How great is our calling!! Awh it was amazing and just exactly what was needed I believe for everyone. Another great talk was Elder Ballard's talk! I hope you all took note of the challenge he gave not only to obtain a copy of Preach My Gospel, but to study it! It will change your life and convert you more to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I promise you.He also encouraged all to set a goal of inviting someone to learn FROM THE MISSIONARIES every quarter, or 4 times a year. The blessings will come if you diligently strive to achieve this goal! It will take not only invitations of boldness, but as we learned, following up with boldness! As you study from Preach My Gospel you will gain more faith in this principle of inviting and following up! :) You guys are awesome:)
 Heavenly Father also blessed us by leading us to find 5 new investigators this week and set three new baptismal dates! And not only that, but 7 investigators came to one or more sessions of conference this weekend! INCREDIBLE! I am just so humbled to be a recipient of these blessings.
The three baptismal dates we set this week were with a family. The mom's name is Regina, and she has two daughters, Tanzania who is 12 and Melvina who is 8! They are solid and so excited to be baptized on May 17th! We also have a 17 yr old girl named Joyann getting baptized on the 18th of this month! She has to get the permission slip signed by her mom and then she will be ready to go. We have been praying that her mom's heart will be softened and she will sign the paper because Joyann is a little apprehensive in talking to her about it. But all will work out. If all else fails she can get baptized in June when she turns 18! haha:)
Sister Murphy and I are getting into our groove and are doing great! She sleeps top bunk and i have lower bunk:) Thank goodness! We like to get up every morning and go running and walking! Since the weather is finall getting warmer its been easier to get out. There are so many more people out walking around which means more people to open our mouths with! Its great and I love it! This week was Sister Alston's 22 birthday.. sad I wasn't there to have fun with her cause I miss her a lot, but it was really great to see her on tuesday! 

Anyways... I know with all my heart that this church is true.We have a living prophet today and the Savior is coming again. I love you! Have a great week!
Love
Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment