Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weekly Update 4-20-14

Halee with Eve.  The Sister Missionaries live with Eve's family.

Dinner with the Gheens.

Sister Murphy & Sister Rogers on Easter!


So its been another wonderful week in Iowa City! It is getting greener and greener and I love it:) It was 73 degrees yesterday and everyone came into church saying.. "Awh! Its so hot outside!!" WHAT?! I then quickly thought back to the -50 degree wondchill we had just a few months ago and was VERY VERY appreciative that it was a wonderful 73 degrees outside:) It doesnt get hot until it breaks 100!

Anyways... we had a really awesome week! we got 4 media referrals this week... that NEVER happens. It was glorious! And I want to share a really cool but simple story of what happened with one of them. His name was Brenton. We got the text with his address and number and what he wanted which was a Book of Mormon. So we went to the door and he opened up, a younger guy maybe early 30's, and says, "Oh hey! Are you here to deliver my book?" We of course said yes and handed him the Book of Mormon and started talking to him for a minute and asked what made him want to get a copy of the Book of Mormon. He told us that his friend on facebook had shared a video entitled, "Because of Him", its the 5 min. easter video that the lds.orgput out this past week, its SOO dang good, watch it if you havent, but anyways, he said when he watched it he got a good "vibe", we knew that was the spirit. He said because he got a good feeling from it he decided to check out more by going to mormon.org and then decided that it would be a good idea to read from the Book of Mormon to get more insight on what we believe. He also said that he wanted to come to our church for easter and check it out. It was simple, but such an awesome realization of how small and simple things can bring to pass great things. This all happened because one person shared a video on facebook. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO THE LORD IS PREPARING. and you never know how the Lord is preparing you to help others.

Easter was really great. I received an amazing easter package from my family. You guys rock! I especially loved the picture of Jesus with the quote from Bruce R. McKonkie. It's hanging on my wall:) There was a musical presentation at the Iowa City Stake Center called "The Lamb of God". It was so inspiring. And the spirit was so strong. The member we live with played Mary the mother of Jesus and she sang a solo... awhhh her voice is incredible and it was just such a great presentation of the beauty of the Resurrection of the Savior. I still definitely missed going to the Easter Pageant and getting Pete's fish and chips, but I will be able to go next year!:) I just love Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him. I know with all my heart that He lives and has given us an opportunity to be saved and exalted if we so wish.

I love you guys so much. I want to thank you for all of the support you have given me. It means more than you know. Being a missionary can be hard, but man, it is so worth it.

I love you!
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!!! yesterday..... can't believe you are 18.... thats not real. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment