Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekly Update 4-14-14

Well... let me first say that this week has been incredible! The weather was simply amazing. awhhh it got up to 81 degrees this week! YES! I love heat:) It was wonderful and I retired the boots and leggings this week... at least I thought I did until we walked outside this morning at it was 30 degrees and lighlty snowing... WHAT? Yeah its super weird and now my legs are really cold, but its alright! haha
We had a lot happen this week. Sister Murphy and I gave trainings in Iowa City and Fairfield this week. It went totally awesome! We trained on dispelling our fears and building our faith in finding efforts! It was great after listening to the trainings three times to actually go out and apply it to the work. Which is what we did on Wednesday! Sister Murphy and I went on exchanges with the Hermanas in Ottumwa (Radar from MASH is from there). And it was great... the weather was beautiful and so we were talking to a lot of people! One guy even gave me a Dr. pepper! That guy knows the way to my heart! haha It was cold and delicious:)
The rest of the week we worked in our area. Sister Murphy got sick on Saturday so we had to cancel our exchange with another set of sisters, but it all worked out. I studied pretty much all day and got some other things done but this is when tragedy struck... We had three investigators all ready to be baptized this coming weekend on the 18th and in the matter of a couple hours, all fell off date. One of the girl'm mom wouldnt sign the permission form for her to be baptized because she's a minor, the other one needs more preparation and needs to keep more comittments, and the last one needed to be interviewed by someone in the mission presidency. All three of them will eventually get baptized just not this coming weekend. All is well in zion though! We are still moving forward and enjoying the blessings that come from the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Oh! And we also went to go meet an investigator this week from Africa. We went to his house and he doesn't speak much english so its super hard to communicate, but while we were there talking to him he just whips out this piece of paper and shows it to us. Wanna know what the paper was? A baptismal certificate for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. hahaha The guy is already a member and we have taught him a couple of times! haha It was super funny. Him and his wife moved here to iowa city from virginia about ten months ago and never could find the church until we ran into him one day and gave him our number thinking he was interested in learning more about the church. haha Tender mercy right there! Him and his wife attended church yesterday:)

I finished the Book of Mormon this week for the 2nd time on my mission. The 2nd time took me a lot longer because I did more studying than I did reading this time. It was wonderful. I love this book. I know because of my study in this book that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world in such a deeper way than I did before. How merciful our Father in Heaven is for giving us this inspired record.

Sister Murphy and I are just doing great! We are having a lot of fun... probably too much fun! haha She is the best though, I love her a lot! 

I love you guys too! Happy Easter this weekend! HE IS RISEN!
Love
Sister Halee Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment